Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new leisure battery charging

johnny bravo

hi all, just got a new numax leisure battery , charging it uo now  with my numax charger.    i cant remember back to when i got my first battery  .  will it be an overnite charge.     does not seem to be moving on the charger.  charger showing 3 bars.   not moved since 5 ish.       same numax battery as the one ive been using the last 7 years.

hi all, just got a new numax leisure battery , charging it uo now  with my numax charger.    i cant remember back to when i got my first battery  .  will it be an overnite charge.     does not seem to be moving on the charger.  charger showing 3 bars.   not moved since 5 ish.       same numax battery as the one ive been using the last 7 years.
When I first put mine on charge it doesnt get charging or making a noise for a while.  Then it sounds like a hair drier for maybe half hour, then goes quite again, then maybe hair drier a bit longer, then just slowly does the last bit till full. Usually it should be fairly full from bought new. So not much charge needed I'd have thought.

thats what i thought.       put in on battery in van used daily ,   it  takes around an hour to 2  to fully charge up fully again after a full days work.  ready for next day     just cant remember when i gat my last one how long it took.     ill be happy when it shows another bar,    ill know something is happening 

Last edited by a moderator:
The way to check the state of charge in a lead acid battery is to use an accurate multimeter and measure the voltage across the terminals after the battery has rested (left idle, not used or charged) for 4 hours. This gives the battery time to settle.

A fully charged battery will read from 12.7 - 13.1v depending on the charger.

With a Numax 10 amp leisure battery charger for motorhomes, my battery will usually read 12.8v. My charger charges at 13.9v. On rare occasions it has shown 12.9v. When my Sterling battery 2 battery charger on the van gets involved it can push the standing voltage to 13.1v but that unit charges at 14.2v for maintenance free batteries. (I can set it to 14.6v for flooded leisure batteries.)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you keep your battery mounted in the van like @sprucesays. Use a high quality multimeter or install an affordable yet calibrated DVM with a simple non latching push button to test it's voltage state 

Latest Posts

Back