Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you like about window cleaning?

You can start and finish work when you want 

Being your own boss

If you don’t want to do a job you don’t  have to 

Earnings are far higher than paye working for someone else .

Take as much time off as you want for holidays etc

Satisfaction of running a successful business and seeing it grow 

Success or failure is down to you  , not reliant on a company that you are an employee of 

Varied  work  , windows,gutter vaccing,softwashing etc 

Not stuck inside working 

Seeing different property layouts and garden design 

working on some huge private estate properties that you wouldn’t normally get to see . 

Just to name a few ??

You can start and finish work when you want 

Being your own boss

If you don’t want to do a job you don’t  have to 

Earnings are far higher than paye working for someone else .

Take as much time off as you want for holidays etc

Satisfaction of running a successful business and seeing it grow 

Success or failure is down to you  , not reliant on a company that you are an employee of 

Varied  work  , windows,gutter vaccing,softwashing etc 

Not stuck inside working 

Seeing different property layouts and garden design 

working on some huge private estate properties that you wouldn’t normally get to see . 

Just to name a few ??
Those are some of the great "few to name" ?

Favorite is this point....

"Success or failure is down to you!"

Most of the reasons listed above apply to me but the best reason is the freedom to do what I want, and when.  I can choose my own jobs, charge my own rate and do it when I want.

The biggest draw is being outside in the fresh air after spending 20 years in an office.  I was mentally stimulated in my work but I always used to stare out of the windows wishing I was outside but I could never think of a job that I would want to do.

The job is one of the best for anyone who has no qualifications. Start when you want. Finish when you want. Take a 2 hour lunch break if you like. Days off when you want. And as I don’t do that texting customers the night before malarkey, can go home halfway through the day and finish off tomorrow. Brilliant job. 

The fact that you don't have some d1ckhead boss treating and talking to you like sh1t and of course all of the reasons mentioned above ? Honestly, the thought now of going back to a 'normal' job for 8hrs a day being stuck in a factory/office chills me to the bones more than a days work on the glass could ever do.

I like being able to go fishing on a whim anytime I like.

Especially now it's pike season.. the fly rod is in the van ready at all times.

Can't beat pike on a fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The job is one of the best for anyone who has no qualifications. Start when you want. Finish when you want. Take a 2 hour lunch break if you like. Days off when you want. And as I don’t do that texting customers the night before malarkey, can go home halfway through the day and finish off tomorrow. Brilliant job. 
There's alot of us that are also very over qualified but love it haha 

Latest Posts

Back