Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 Housing conversion

CMcB

Has anyone ever converted a 4040 ro housing to a DI cartridge? same sort of idea as the Ionics DI Cartridge. Only way I have seen is some places do a 40" cartridge, that fits inside, but it costs more than I care to pay. 

Has anyone ever converted a 4040 ro housing to a DI cartridge? same sort of idea as the Ionics DI Cartridge. Only way I have seen is some places do a 40" cartridge, that fits inside, but it costs more than I care to pay. 
Seems like an expensive waste of time to me. Imagine lifting that out when it needs changing 

They don’t hold enough resin it’s not worth the effort , also linear filters don’t Chanel water well they need to be mounted up right to work efficiently that’s why Ionic’s alters there filter layout 

Silly question why?
I've got a 4040 ro housing sitting doing nothing. I read that packed cartridges evenly spread water so are more efficient. But you are right, they hold less and have to be upright. Thought I'd give it a shot if it was cheap enough to try ?

I've got a 4040 ro housing sitting doing nothing. I read that packed cartridges evenly spread water so are more efficient. But you are right, they hold less and have to be upright. Thought I'd give it a shot if it was cheap enough to try ?
The Ionics Linear filters hold just over 4 litres of resin. I chopped one up and measured it when it was ‘spent’. The ones I had were the colour change resin type, in my experience the flow through them wasn’t exactly even as the resin changed colour at the bottom first- I used to have to rotate it every couple of weeks to make sure the resin was used evenly. Saying that it did seem to last a lot longer than the normal DI type of container - but then again I had just started when I had an Ionics system so it could have just been attributed to the fact I didn’t use it much ?

Back