Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheel/trolley reccomendations? (GARDINER)

Bongofish

Hello all!

So I have 2 gardiner backpack V3 and they are great and haven't failed on me yet. However getting fed up at bugger property's if lugging it around? 

I think a great idea would be for the next one to get some wheels on the bottom and a pull out handle , exactly like your luggage when going on holiday? Is there any reason this would not work? Seems like such a clever and simple idea that would tottally change the ease of use for it..

But for now I'm without any wheels. Need something that can possibly fold down as it's just for certain houses ??

Thank You

Hello all!

So I have 2 gardiner backpack V3 and they are great and haven't failed on me yet. However getting fed up at bugger property's if lugging it around? 

I think a great idea would be for the next one to get some wheels on the bottom and a pull out handle , exactly like your luggage when going on holiday? Is there any reason this would not work? Seems like such a clever and simple idea that would tottally change the ease of use for it..

But for now I'm without any wheels. Need something that can possibly fold down as it's just for certain houses ??

Thank You
Good morning.

I use a reliable brand that now has started to manufacture under other names. The original manufacturer HANDY make a heavy duty fold down sack truck which has a telescopic full steel frame and folding toe plate.

It will fit into the boot of a car or easily into a van.

I have and use the sack truck as a chassis for my own custom build 25L pump trolley.

I originally paid £49.99 however they rise and fall in price.

I highly and honestly recommend these. Far better than any luggage trolley which will snap and rust in no time.

This is the handy with puncture proof tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY

And a copy with standard pneumatic tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Folding-Truck-120KG-Yellow-SXWTD-FT520/dp/B01N75Z0WV/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=handy+sack+truck&qid=1605869547&sprefix=handy+sack+&sr=8-6

20201120_105512.jpg

20201120_105502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hit machinemart.co.uk you can find a clarke folding sack truck - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/csta100-fully-folding-sack-truck/

I've had mine about 17 years, still going strong. DO NOT BUY the cheaper versions you see in Aldi / Lidl etc. They are cheap inferior quality and usually weigh less than half the weight - and will die an early death. The clarke version just goes on and on. I've had to dismantle mine a couple of times to replace nuts with locking nuts etc but i've used it for all sorts over the years so hardly surprising that nearly two decades later it needed some TLC.

But the key point is that it folds down to a relatively small size, can fit in the smallest of cars and will carry your back pack and get you earning with minimal fuss. Just don't buy the cheap version available in other places, online etc - i cannot stress this enough. The clarke one weighs around 9kg and is properly made.

If you hit machinemart.co.uk you can find a clarke folding sack truck - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/csta100-fully-folding-sack-truck/

I've had mine about 17 years, still going strong. DO NOT BUY the cheaper versions you see in Aldi / Lidl etc. They are cheap inferior quality and usually weigh less than half the weight - and will die an early death. The clarke version just goes on and on. I've had to dismantle mine a couple of times to replace nuts with locking nuts etc but i've used it for all sorts over the years so hardly surprising that nearly two decades later it needed some TLC.

But the key point is that it folds down to a relatively small size, can fit in the smallest of cars and will carry your back pack and get you earning with minimal fuss. Just don't buy the cheap version available in other places, online etc - i cannot stress this enough. The clarke one weighs around 9kg and is properly made.
The lidl ones are like baking foil origami, You're right there 

Once you have found a sack truck the next answer will be Cam Buckle straps

Don't use bungees as they break down and deteriorate with sunlight and weather.

Many will claim they use them for years with no issues however they are dangerous and will pluck your eyeball out if you happen to have a close quarters low level accident 

Cam buckle straps have lockable tension and will keep a gardiner backpack full of water secure and will not wobble and slide on a trolley where a bungee has to be stretched really tight to secure load 

Cam Buckle straps 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-449682-Tie-Down-Capacity-Breaking/dp/B003H0YMSQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=cam+buckle+straps&qid=1605872295&sprefix=cam+buck&sr=8-8

2 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Good morning.

I use a reliable brand that now has started to manufacture under other names. The original manufacturer HANDY make a heavy duty fold down sack truck which has a telescopic full steel frame and folding toe plate.

I have and use the sack truck as a chassis for my own custom build 25L pump trolley.

I highly and honestly recommend these. Far better than any luggage trolley which will snap and rust in no time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Folding-Truck-120KG-Yellow-SXWTD-FT520/dp/B01N75Z0WV/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=handy+sack+truck&qid=1605869547&sprefix=handy+sack+&sr=8-6

The handy trolley is excellent. 

Wouldn't use anything else for my trolley system. 

Also I use the same straps but from the range.

Called luggage straps.

8 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Good morning.

I'm sure it's a nice trolley but spending nearly £100 is bit too much imo. 

what about this lmao

also what pump did you use for the diy trolley system?

what about this lmao
I doubt that would last an hour. Just look at the picture they are all in a nice flat smooth warehouse or office location. You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.

You need something robust or it will let you down. Imagine how much money you could lose while you wait for a new one to arrive!!! It really is false economy to buy somethings cheaply. Sometimes you need to pay for quality - I don't mean you need to pay for a big brand i.e. iPhone when a decent Android will be fine ?  No offence to people who are willing to give Apple their money.

'Fitness for purpose' is the phrase you need to think about.

I doubt that would last an hour. Just look at the picture they are all in a nice flat smooth warehouse or office location. You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.

You need something robust or it will let you down. Imagine how much money you could lose while you wait for a new one to arrive!!! It really is false economy to buy somethings cheaply. Sometimes you need to pay for quality - I don't mean you need to pay for a big brand i.e. iPhone when a decent Android will be fine ?  No offence to people who are willing to give Apple their money.

'Fitness for purpose' is the phrase you need to think about.
Hey don’t get apple versus android going???

That's the difference between rubbish and reliability plus commercial use equipment 
Wouldn't last 2 minutes, the same tat as home bargains &B&M luggage cart. Will snap quickly.

You seriously need to improve your budget and scope for quality equipment mate 

Wouldn't last 2 minutes, the same tat as home bargains &B&M luggage cart. Will snap quickly.

You seriously need to improve your budget and scope for quality equipment mate 
I was semi joking when I posted that link and yes I don't think that will last!

You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.
thanks, didn't think that far

Hi. When i had a backpack i went through cheap trolleys before finally learning my lesson and buying a decent one. I went for this: 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/wolfcraft-heavy-duty-aluminium-folding-trolley-100kg/5140P?tc=LC4&ds_kid=92700052138708508&ds_rl=1243324&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8pOk-L2R7QIVkbbtCh1dbg8UEAQYASABEgIVYvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Solid and lightweight. All the best mate ??
i bought one just like that from amazon for £40 around 5 years ago now...its ok for the odd backpack job...it probably wouldnt last long if your using it day in/day out though...i used to use it around 2 or 3 times a week....

I know it's slightly off topic, I was thinking about my backpack rather than keep lugging it around why don't i just buy some more hose and leave it in the van. my remote control has a range of up to 20mtrs which i think should cover most houses. So a little bit like a fixed tank system but only 22ltrs?

I know it's slightly off topic, I was thinking about my backpack rather than keep lugging it around why don't i just buy some more hose and leave it in the van. my remote control has a range of up to 20mtrs which i think should cover most houses. So a little bit like a fixed tank system but only 22ltrs?
Just be mindful of your hose length. He more hose the less flow. It's only a small bore pump

Latest Posts

Back