Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xline 45l trolly with di tank

Ziggy88

Hi all,

I am looking to order a trolley system this week, I have my eye on the 45LTR X-line, I do not want to make my own or put a backpack on a trolley. Any recommendations of alternative systems would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

After having one of these for just over a year I would strongly advise not getting one!!

1. The castors fell off the handle
2. The controller is directly under where you tip your water in, which resulted in it turning itself on and not working properly.
3. It is way too heavy to be lifting in and out of your vehicle.
4. Even though they state you can lay this on its side water leak out of the top cap.
5. Technical service is non-existent, I had a problem and rang for support line 5 times and no answer then rang sales and answered on 1st attempt.

If I was you I would look at the cleaning warehouse for there trolley.

What is wrong with a backpack on a trolley?

Very basic and reliable and does the job exactly as well as a bought trolley

I was recently going to buy a purefreedom trolley as they look well built and the nano is very light, as my son helps out but he said no need to bother just yet wait until the gardiner backpack becomes U/S.

Im waiting to see if the backpack can last another six months, as I want to upgrade to a larger vechicle 2 man system. I defo need a portable system due to the natural of a lot of my jobs.

in all honesty the backpack as served us very well absolutely no complaints.

Same as Marko067....Pure Freedom 50litre trolley....nicely engineered and top notch fittings....had it nearly a year now and not a blip.

Thanks for the replys,

So decided to leave the xline alone and probably go for the pure freedom nano trolley,

However for the saik of £100 and £20 for a trolley it had to be worth buying a gardiner backpack once their back in stock.

Cheers!

Thanks for the replys,

So decided to leave the xline alone and probably go for the pure freedom nano trolley,

However for the saik of £100 and £20 for a trolley it had to be worth buying a gardiner backpack once their back in stock.

Cheers!

That decision is for you to make.

We have a Gardiner's backpack and it works fine. Son prefers to use it instead of his hose reel. He prefers to carry it around. We have a trolley but he won't use it. I can't use it as I find its too heavy for me to lift up.

However. the Purefreedom Trolley uses the same heavy duty pump and controller as used on most van mounts. There is a big difference in price but there is a reason for it. They do a similar job but I don't think its fair to compare them.

One of the lads used a PF trolley when his van was written off by a Polish lorry driver. He end up leaving his trolley in the car with a few 25l containers full of water and washed windows using his hose reel. I doubt that our Gardiner's backpack would do that as its not designed for that. It's basically an electric crop/weed killer sprayer that has been 'converted' to wfp.  

I have a gardiner backpack that's used daily honestly can't fault them it as 15m or reinforced pole hose and a further 10m of pu pole hose wrapped around the trolley handles as my poles are now tubeless. 

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

After having one of these for just over a year I would strongly advise not getting one!!

1. The castors fell off the handle
2. The controller is directly under where you tip your water in, which resulted in it turning itself on and not working properly.
3. It is way too heavy to be lifting in and out of your vehicle.
4. Even though they state you can lay this on its side water leak out of the top cap.
5. Technical service is non-existent, I had a problem and rang for support line 5 times and no answer then rang sales and answered on 1st attempt.

If I was you I would look at the cleaning warehouse for there trolley.
I agree! although i haven't had too many problems with the trolley itself it is a bit bulky and xlines customer service/technical support is non exsistent i would steer well clear i with i had got the pure freedom nano! got a gardiner backback now which i prefer mostof the time! 

That decision is for you to make.

We have a Gardiner's backpack and it works fine. Son prefers to use it instead of his hose reel. He prefers to carry it around. We have a trolley but he won't use it. I can't use it as I find its too heavy for me to lift up.

However. the Purefreedom Trolley uses the same heavy duty pump and controller as used on most van mounts. There is a big difference in price but there is a reason for it. They do a similar job but I don't think its fair to compare them.

One of the lads used a PF trolley when his van was written off by a Polish lorry driver. He end up leaving his trolley in the car with a few 25l containers full of water and washed windows using his hose reel. I doubt that our Gardiner's backpack would do that as its not designed for that. It's basically an electric crop/weed killer sprayer that has been 'converted' to wfp.  
I used to use a gardiners backpack left in the car with 100m hose

Thought it was fine until it packed up

It has the power to do it but i don't think the pump likes it

I bought the PF nano trolley this week and my son as used it since Tuesday got to say if a great bit of kit, I'm not going to knock the gardiner a backpack as they work great and have a done a brilliant job but the nano is so much easier and quicker without a doubt and quite often and lot quicker than my van mount   Some days on my rounds. 

I have the 50 litre PF trolley and use it van mounted for 80% of my work and just use 100m of reel hose....like I said earlier I have had it 13 months now and not a blip...fingers crossed.

Just to add I only use it 2/3 days a week max.

Back