Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

is it possible to install a remote control to your controller?

The pump control on my system didn't come with one but is it possible to add it on? Or do I need to change the controller?

https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/xline-shop/wfp-controllers-pumps/remotecontroller-detail

I don't want to replace it, my system is all new
Not very good as built up areas and working behind houses you lose signal.

If you already have a controller then the Spring Europe Ltd One Shot is a better option. 

These both do the job as a univalve or pole hose valve / tap.

The only wireless controller on the market that actually works and has a really honest range and flow control options on the fob is the Spring Europe Ltd WFP link 

The only wireless controller on the market that actually works and has a really honest range and flow control options on the fob is the Spring Europe Ltd WFP link 
The one I have from GrippaTank works extremely well - very good range and controls.

what’s the advantage of a remote over a univalve? Surely the univalve is more convenient to activate than a fob separate to your pole?

what’s the advantage of a remote over a univalve? Surely the univalve is more convenient to activate than a fob separate to your pole?
You need a univalve on each pole you use, so you might need a few. Where as a remote on the pump side works no matter what pole you use. The one shot is a simple on off, the wfp link is a 4 button plus smart phone controllable pump controller, you can change pump speed and start stop etc.

Silly question but why do you need one? You could maybe use a univalve or gardiner gooseneck valve?
You can get by with just the valve (of many types) but you have no flow speed control. Not a problem if you can cope with a pre-set speed but some folk (me for example) can't cope with limitations. With the back pack i was always going to / fro to adjust the speed and it was a bit limiting. The BP is a solid and reliable bit of kit but it has limitations - I've put the remote control idea forward to Gardiner once or twice but i suspect it won't progress past the idea stage.

Yes / No. The univalve is genius in that it's a quick tug and you're done but there is no flow speed control - and running round the house to adjust the speed in the van would be a pain. The Spring ltd remote control (with 4 buttons - also sold under various brands like the one xline sell) lets you adjust speed, pause, turn on/off the controller, rinse mode (like pause but it increases the speed by 20 - click again and it drops down to the original speed) etc.  The remote also has a bluetooth connection for your phone - which lets you configure teh buttons, check battery status etc. It's very clever.

You can use both the univalve and RF controller together - it works well like that as the controller will recognise dead ends and stop pumping. Quick tug on / off for the flow (pausing via the remote is definitely more time consuming) and you've got flow speed via the remote. Ideal setup really.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the back pack i was always going to / fro to adjust the speed and it was a bit limiting. The BP is a solid and reliable bit of kit but it has limitations - I've put the remote control idea forward to Gardiner once or twice but i suspect it won't progress past the idea stage.
It would be fairly easy and cheap to have a 2 speed remote switch on a BP. One speed would be full the other what ever the speed controller was set to. You just need a 2 channel remote switch like this 12v 4 channel remote control OK so this is 4 channels (only £12) but you get the idea?

A full remote like the WFP Link would make the backpack about triple the price and the Link controller probably isn't built to take the punishment a backpack can get.

It would be fairly easy and cheap to have a 2 speed remote switch on a BP. One speed would be full the other what ever the speed controller was set to. You just need a 2 channel remote switch like this 12v 4 channel remote control OK so this is 4 channels (only £12) but you get the idea?

A full remote like the WFP Link would make the backpack about triple the price and the Link controller probably isn't built to take the punishment a backpack can get.
I could prototype and build a 2 stage two speed wireless remote control PCB and have it etched in 5 hours but I really don't see the point. With van mount systems we never keep adjusting our flow output constantly so what are you backpack guys doing or attempting to try ? 

The backpack has a built in flow control. Dont be lazy and leave the backpack at the front of the property when using 19.99m of hose as it wasn't intended to be used that way. 

You need more or less flow... bend down and change it 

I wouldn't expect something like whp link lol but something simple with variable speed designed for short distance would be brilliant - but like I said I doubt that will happen..

Back