Univalve vs one shot vs wfp link... Full review

Baldmonkey

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

Boot on the other for now eh?

Well there seems to be so many people flocking to pay top dollar for these bits of plastic I thought I'd mop up 💵💵😂😂😂

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baldmonkey

• Tango

• Apw1210

• Pjj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've owned all three, the univalve, the one shot and the wfp link.  UNIVALVE. The univalve is useful in its simplicity but very expensive for what it is. I generally have 3 poles on the van

These forums are very helpful to Spring and often the feedback received is reflected in controller development. It also provides an opportunity for questions to be raised and answered which I am grate

The Forums are very useful in terms of feedback and observations and these do get fed into development of controllers. Plus they are also a way to provide support and advice which provides a two way e

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Tango said:

What i would say about the WFP Link though is that there is a MASSIVE security whole with them. ANYONE can scan and connect to your remote. Your remote is live 24/7 and the controller is also in passive mode listening for an on / off command (in other words it's never truly off - it just turns off the display and the ability to send signals to the pump). With this in mind, if your competitors aren't eh friendly sort and want to screw you up, they could potentially in the middle of the night, pull up, connect to your fob (if it's in the van), turn it on and try to pump out your tank for you - flooding your van if you've got no valve to stop it or draining your leisure battery for the next days work instead.

11 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

What I am going to dive straight into is the window cleaning espionage of tango.. So let me get this right, your car uses a remote, your house alarm can, gate openers use them and everything on your phone, tablet or pc can be hacked via a signal... But the signal code of my remote for my water is what they are going to be after 😂😂😂😂

So dave the jealous ladder monkey who spends his days dragging round a dented ladder and a bucket of dirty water whilst scratching his ass is now going out to spend hundreds of pounds on advanced signal scanning equipment, pull his drunk cocaine fuelled body out of bed in the middle of the night to drive to my house in the vain hope that I haven't got a rectus fitting on my hose or my van batteries on charge... Just so he can empty my water out of my tank. 

Dude you either need to stop the drinking and coke fuelled binges yourself or step away from the VHS James bond box set you watch every night with your tea on a tray 😂😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Tango said:

I also do programming and have to think of security exploits in order to counter them.

I could be wrong, Spring might have come up with a way to counter this but i've not seen any sign of it and it's not in their instructions either.

Here's what i'll do.. i'll get the woman i live with to install the app on her advanced signal scanning equipment and see if she can connect and control my controller via the fob. I'll get back to you..

Right, the results are in. I was indeed correct. I was able to install the app on her phone and then connect to my remote control with no security challenge of any type - and then connect my phone again straight after.

Proof:

1510305655_Screenshot_20201122-213652_WFPLink.thumb.jpg.4539608d3106efee4ca1bf119d013076.jpg  Screenshot_20201122-213721.thumb.png.2a1e6a4c4563f3568b9ef7e71c88fd51.png

Obviously i didn't turn the pump up from 0 lol (there is a ez snap / rectus but it still wouldn't feel right). The point is, a connection was made and the DE setting was visible at 63 along with the battery status on the settings screen.

My point remains, a competitor could connect to the fob and attempt to drain the tank (flooding your vehicle) or simply drain the battery by having the controller continually testing for dead ends all night.

Edited by Tango
27 minutes ago, Tango said:

Right, the results are in. I was indeed correct. I was able to install the app on her phone and then connect to my remote control with no security challenge of any type - and then connect my phone again straight after.

Proof:

1510305655_Screenshot_20201122-213652_WFPLink.thumb.jpg.4539608d3106efee4ca1bf119d013076.jpg  Screenshot_20201122-213721.thumb.png.2a1e6a4c4563f3568b9ef7e71c88fd51.png

Obviously i didn't turn the pump up from 0 lol (there is a ez snap / rectus but it still wouldn't feel right). The point is, a connection was made and the DE setting was visible at 63 along with the battery status on the settings screen.

My point remains, a competitor could connect to the fob and attempt to drain the tank (flooding your vehicle) or simply drain the battery by having the controller continually testing for dead ends all night.

One simple solution, switch off the 12v to your pump. That way no one can take control over night! It is a bit silly there is no button press required on the actual controller in the van to accept a new connection. As you say it is a lapse in security but by having a 12v isolation switch you cover the issue. 

I think a lot of companies add app connections to their devices and never consider the security side of things. 

12 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

Wfp systems are over complicating a traditional window cleaner but your still using the wfp!! 🤔

Whilst your pulling a hose, I'm pressing a button, why would that mean you finish earlier??? 🤔

Cal settings are fine. 👍

No need for either, yet you choose a univalve over pinching the hose and yet you choose this even though there is no problem,.. Feel like neo in the matrix with that logic 🤔

It's fine to have an opinion or choice but at least talk sense if your gonna be so bombastic with your replies

At the end of the day it's not needed.....a univalve is all you need....I find it laughable that established window cleaners are moaning about a few quid spent on them....I bought 3 recently for £90....well worth the money...they last years....nipping the hose is not practical....a univalve allows for smoother more efficient water control......

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid 😉 (nothing personal Bald) You want to stop the flow of water from your tap - close the tap - I really can't see the down side with a univalve - simple, reliable and paid for itself in one 20 min job.

No serviceable parts, nothing to lose, drop, tread on, batteries, no security threat (thanks tango)

We all like a new gimzo - but really an on/off 'tap' that takes a second to operate is perfectly fine for me - I only fitted a uni-value to stop all my customers saying 'oh you're losing all your water' - when we chat - with 800l tank i never run out no matter how long we talk about the mighty Saints performances 😉  Sounds like Bald you've got the hump with the 40ish price tag - fair play - i value reliability and doing the job, which I've never had a problem with my univalve...

I'm open to new ideas and love tech..but not sure i'm convinced overcomplicating a 'tap' is worthwhile???

Edited by NoName
1 hour ago, ched999uk said:

It is a bit silly there is no button press required on the actual controller in the van to accept a new connection.

To sync the remote to the controller you do indeed have to press a couple of buttons but it's the remote that is the problem. Anybody with a phone can connect to the REMOTE via bluetooth (assuming the remote is still in the van) - the remote already being paired to the controller then leaves the door open to abuse.

But I guess pulling the fuse is an option! I don't think in my area i'd need to worry about it however for some windys it could potentially be a problem.

20 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

no hot water, unless you fill you 25 ltr tubs up with piping hot water and then insulate them, your using cold water, again my mum always said "you can't clean nothing with cold water" 

Not bleedin hot water brigade, I have cleaned wfp with cold water for over 12 years so I must have left all the windows dirty 🤣

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Tango said:

Proof:

When I'm not working all the 12v system is never live and is isolated with one flick of a big switch, how would they turn my pump on then? 

1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

Not bleedin hot water brigade, I have cleaned wfp with cold water for over 12 years so I must have left all the windows dirty 🤣

I was pointing out that you can't use hot water in that type of system.. Besides if you say hot water doesn't clean better than I assume you bathe and wash your dishes in cold water too ❄️❄️❄️😂😂😂😂

Another plus for the univalue as it's on the pole hose - you can still use it when using a backpack/trolley - very handy for softwash jobs etc which don't run off the controller...just saying swings and roundabouts 😉 

I'm guessing, but perhaps the price rise on the univalve may not be down to rampant 'profiteering' but rather as an economic consequence of the market being fairly saturated by now, I imagine they are have gone thru the exponential growth phase when we all rushed out and gone one or three and since they seem to last are still using our original ones ...leading to a relative 'slump'/tail off in sales leading to the didacts of economies of scale meaning the price has risen as new sales fall/plateau ??

Edited by NoName
1 hour ago, Baldmonkey said:

When I'm not working all the 12v system is never live and is isolated with one flick of a big switch, how would they turn my pump on then? 

That's fair plays to you but remember Springs instructions don't even mention a switch - just wire it straight to the battery. Does seem a bit daft really.. I have a lengthy email to send them with feedback so i will add that to the list.

My current univalve I have to push thr hose back up end pole for water to stop , dosnt happen all the time tho , just when the tug on hose dosnt turn water off.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Wind o kleen
5 minutes ago, Wind o kleen said:

My current univalve I have to push thr hose back up end pole for water to stop , dosnt happen all the time tho , just when the tug on hose dosnt turn water off.  🤷‍♂️

Is you base pole rubber cap to tight of do you have an incorrectly crimped double ear O clip fouling the top pole ID 

3 hours ago, Tango said:

That's fair plays to you but remember Springs instructions don't even mention a switch - just wire it straight to the battery. Does seem a bit daft really.. I have a lengthy email to send them with feedback so i will add that to the list.

Spring controllers need a constant live feed as most are used for hot water frost stat protection and that needs to have power all the time Evan when the controller is turned off 

5 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

I was pointing out that you can't use hot water in that type of system.. Besides if you say hot water doesn't clean better than I assume you bathe and wash your dishes in cold water too ❄️❄️❄️😂😂😂😂

So you’re saying the windows you clean with hot water are cleaner than the thousands of people who use cold without issues?

Obvoiusly cleaning dishes etc is better with hot 🙄

(I used hot for ten years with a fogwash gas heater) haven’t replaced it yet, don’t know if I will

2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

So you’re saying the windows you clean with hot water are cleaner than the thousands of people who use cold without issues?

Obvoiusly cleaning dishes etc is better with hot 🙄

(I used hot for ten years with a fogwash gas heater) haven’t replaced it yet, don’t know if I will

Im not saying the windows I clean are cleaner, what I'm saying is if you use cold you have to impart more effort to return the same results as hot

I am saying that hot water cleans things better than cold, that's physics, not just my opinion. 

Given the same amount of water, effort, time and grime hot water will produce better results than cold.

You can clean your windows with p@#s for all I actually care, but you can't argue hot water doesn't clean better than cold. 

Edited by Baldmonkey
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Spring controllers need a constant live feed as most are used for hot water frost stat protection and that needs to have power all the time Evan when the controller is turned off 

I'm using WFP Link... does that need to be on 24/7? - I've no frost protection etc, it's just a remote receiver. I can't see why it would need to be on constantly - especially when i've got the flow turned down to 0!!!

4 minutes ago, Baldmonkey said:

You can clean your windows with p@#s for all I actually care, but you can't argue hot water cleaners better than cold. 

But that's exactly what you ARE arguing?? lol

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'm using WFP Link... does that need to be on 24/7? - I've no frost protection etc, it's just a remote receiver. I can't see why it would need to be on constantly - especially when i've got the flow turned down to 0!!!

But that's exactly what you ARE arguing?? lol

Must spell check before hitting submit 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂