Jump to content

Trolly v backpack on a trolly


Nick Mitton

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I have bought the Gardiner back pack to practice with and for using for spraying cleaning fluids down the line. I got mine with female rectus fitting, set pole up with hoseless system. Trolley from Screwfix

20201122_080515.jpg

Thanks for info... I've got a trolly, getting clx22 as a trial pole but plan on having it for spare/chemical and replace with slx22, still haven't made mind up on fitting n brush. Someone sujusted a fitting that stopped water coming out of BP when disconnected. 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

This is what I want to see before I spend more money. I only have a berlingo but it's only 1 year old so don't want to swap unless I have too. 

I have friends who do wfp from van and some from trolly. Think I need to find out for myself but appreciate where you are coming from 👍

As I say I got the Gardiner backpack, 2 25ltr jerry cans to get practicing with. You could also use on some of your customers properties, which will give you feedback on how they feel etc. Experience on how a trolley will get you round some of the properties you work on etc.Then go from there ,if you need a tank etc in your van. 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Thanks for info... I've got a trolly, getting clx22 as a trial pole but plan on having it for spare/chemical and replace with slx22, still haven't made mind up on fitting n brush. Someone sujusted a fitting that stopped water coming out of BP when disconnected. 

That fitting stops water coming out, nice n easy to plug hose in. As I say I fitted hoseless system in my pole so I disconnect that also, just roll up the hose n store.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

As I say I got the Gardiner backpack, 2 25ltr jerry cans to get practicing with. You could also use on some of your customers properties, which will give you feedback on how they feel etc. Experience on how a trolley will get you round some of the properties you work on etc.Then go from there ,if you need a tank etc in your van. 

That's exactly the plan, even been mentioning it to customers and so far all good feed back.... A lot trust me to make right decision and do good job after 30years 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

That's exactly the plan, even been mentioning it to customers and so far all good feed back.... A lot trust me to make right decision and do good job after 30years 😊

I've been using mine on my own house family and neighbours. Had a few enquiries whilst using  so a couple of customers lined up. I went for the longest hose that comes with the pole, also I've been using the medium/soft universal sill brush. I need to get used to the swivel gooseneck (practice,practice n more practice)

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I've been using mine on my own house family and neighbours. Had a few enquiries whilst using  so a couple of customers lined up. I went for the longest hose that comes with the pole, also I've been using the medium/soft universal sill brush. I need to get used to the swivel gooseneck (practice,practice n more practice)

How long hose, been sujested that 20m longest? I might get both swivel n normal neck... Are you using brush head bumper? They seem like a good idea

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

How long hose, been sujested that 20m longest? I might get both swivel n normal neck... Are you using brush head bumper? They seem like a good idea

Just checked on the site.

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 

Just now, Ian Docksey said:

Just checked on the site.

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 

Bumper *

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

Just checked on the site.

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 

Bumper *

I think in reality using a trolley. Is set it down ,do the front , then wrap it up a bit, wheel it round the back and do there. Not going to go round the whole house using just the hose. Also before going round the back, top up the backpack.  

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

Just checked on the site.

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 

Bumper *

Bumper stops side of brush making marks on frames... Only£4

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Bumper stops side of brush making marks on frames... Only£4

Will order some. They were out of stock when I ordered my stuff. 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I think in reality using a trolley. Is set it down ,do the front , then wrap it up a bit, wheel it round the back and do there. Not going to go round the whole house using just the hose. Also before going round the back, top up the backpack.  

Was hoping to do 3 houses on one fill. If using 1 1/2bp or 30L I do 25 houses a day so would use 750L per day minimum.... I wouldn't need a bigger van I'd need a truck! 😂😂

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Was hoping to do 3 houses on one fill. If using 1 1/2bp or 30L I do 25 houses a day so would use 750L per day minimum.... I wouldn't need a bigger van I'd need a truck! 😂😂

I think others on here with experience can give you an idea of how much water you will use doing x amount of houses. 

I said on another post, I used roughly 75 litres doing my house with a conny. But it hadn't been cleaned for a couple of years. Got the conny roof to do b4 xmas. Lol

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I think others on here with experience can give you an idea of how much water you will use doing x amount of houses. 

I said on another post, I used roughly 75 litres doing my house with a conny. But it hadn't been cleaned for a couple of years. Got the conny roof to do b4 xmas. Lol

Yeah been told u use at least double water on 1st clean and that's when your pro

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.