Jump to content

It's Christmas!


Bongofish

Recommended Posts

 

And I have a total of about £300 to buy whatever I want with that I don't have to reason about with the wife 😂. Before I go buying mountain biking gear I'm wondering if there is anything you guys use on a daily basis use that really helps with work that I could possibly purchase?

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths 😂.

Anything that has made your guys life easier that's not on here that you would reccomend, or anything else that is abit more pricey but you just couldn't do without now? 

Bongo

 

Link to post

Personally I would bank that money if you ain't already got a rainy day fund as you will have time plus as we go into winter you are going to lose days here and there and if your tank is just strapped I would look to invest that money into having a professional fitted frame

  • Agree 3
Link to post

Buy extras of each so your always backed up, im always 90% stocked up on all parts etc so if anything ever breaks down i go in to the spare parts and BINGO 😄  I remember when i first started if something broke i would be called of for 2-3 days and would have to order the part etc...

  • Agree 2
Link to post
14 hours ago, Bongofish said:

 

And I have a total of about £300 to buy whatever I want with that I don't have to reason about with the wife 😂. Before I go buying mountain biking gear I'm wondering if there is anything you guys use on a daily basis use that really helps with work that I could possibly purchase?

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths 😂.

Anything that has made your guys life easier that's not on here that you would reccomend, or anything else that is abit more pricey but you just couldn't do without now? 

Bongo

 

Hot water and electric reel would make a difference.....you could diy a manual reel and fit an immersion with £300 ready for the cold winter months....

Link to post

An Xtreme pole, a BIG step up - hardly notice you're holding anything, but expect a few breakages mines like triggers broom!

Top draw waterproofs - breathable, good gloves, DAB

Electric Reel - wow now that's a game changer - (ok calm down) - it's way easier on your shoulder - in fact say goodbye to anymore shoulder ache - and makes you feel just a little bit more 'slick' winding her in whilst stood nonchalantly by, saying 'good morning' to neighbours who look on slightly intrigued at the rapidly disappearing yellow hose magically snaking into the back of your van..

Invest in your kit, it will make the job massively more 'enjoyable'

Link to post
22 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I think you’ll find Christmas is in December 👍

You'd have thought so but Santa has already been to turn the lights on in town.

 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Martyn said:

You'd have thought so but Santa has already been to turn the lights on in town.

 

When I was in Blackpool on the way home from the Lake District on the second week of October, my wife and I walked into The Dutton Arms pub, and the stupid goons already had their Christmas stuff up.

Should be illegal until the 1st of December. And I like Christmas, but certain cretins have to be attention seekers and put theirs up first

Link to post
28 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

 

Should be illegal until the 1st of December. And I like Christmas, but certain cretins have to be attention seekers and put theirs up first

I agree, I'm sure if I take a walk to the post box later there will be house round the corner all lit up with Chrissy lights. 🙄

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I agree, I'm sure if I take a walk to the post box later there will be house round the corner all lit up with Chrissy lights. 🙄

so what you miserable git!😄.......the houses in question have probably got young kids.......the usual neighbours near my girlfriends put them all up this weekend just gone......hundreds of lights across 5 houses.......the kids love it!

Link to post
On 22/11/2020 at 09:02, Bongofish said:

 

And I have a total of about £300 to buy whatever I want with that I don't have to reason about with the wife 😂. Before I go buying mountain biking gear I'm wondering if there is anything you guys use on a daily basis use that really helps with work that I could possibly purchase?

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths 😂.

Anything that has made your guys life easier that's not on here that you would reccomend, or anything else that is abit more pricey but you just couldn't do without now? 

Bongo

 

An employee 🤣

On 22/11/2020 at 09:19, Iron Giant said:

Personally I would bank that money if you ain't already got a rainy day fund as you will have time plus as we go into winter you are going to lose days here and there and if your tank is just strapped I would look to invest that money into having a professional fitted frame

No such thing as lost days.  Even worked while snowing in winter.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Bongofish said:

So you guys think I've done the van too early? 😂😂😂

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1990962327.jpeg

Worried at first about your mental health, till I noticed Childseat,

 

thingd you do keep kids happy 😂

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Dave B said:

No such thing as lost days.  Even worked while snowing in winter.

I am same mate I will work most weather, but there are times when it's not possible more so if we have 6" of snow and the roads are a nightmare or the van needs to go in the garage or something un-foreseen it does happen at some point.

Link to post
44 minutes ago, dazmond said:

so what you miserable git!😄.......the houses in question have probably got young kids.......the usual neighbours near my girlfriends put them all up this weekend just gone......hundreds of lights across 5 houses.......the kids love it!

Peppermint flavoured boiled sweet!

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I am same mate I will work most weather, but there are times when it's not possible more so if we have 6" of snow and the roads are a nightmare or the van needs to go in the garage or something un-foreseen it does happen at some point.

I reckon I've had 3 days or less off in the last year.. apart from bank holidays etc 

Link to post
2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

When I was in Blackpool on the way home from the Lake District on the second week of October, my wife and I walked into The Dutton Arms pub, and the stupid goons already had their Christmas stuff up.

I used to live close to the pub and they have Christmas decorations up all year. Just joking 🤣, don't think I actually went in the bub in the 15 years I lived about 4 streets away. Just round the corner on Waterloo rd and Bond street used to be 'The Christmas shop' - 12 months of the year Christmas decorations, santa, lights, Christmas songs - must have driven staff mad. It closed last year!

October is way too early for Christmas decorations even in Blackpool.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.