Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It's Christmas!

Bongofish

And I have a total of about £300 to buy whatever I want with that I don't have to reason about with the wife ?. Before I go buying mountain biking gear I'm wondering if there is anything you guys use on a daily basis use that really helps with work that I could possibly purchase?

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths ?.

Anything that has made your guys life easier that's not on here that you would reccomend, or anything else that is abit more pricey but you just couldn't do without now? 

Bongo

Personally I would bank that money if you ain't already got a rainy day fund as you will have time plus as we go into winter you are going to lose days here and there and if your tank is just strapped I would look to invest that money into having a professional fitted frame

Buy extras of each so your always backed up, im always 90% stocked up on all parts etc so if anything ever breaks down i go in to the spare parts and BINGO ?  I remember when i first started if something broke i would be called of for 2-3 days and would have to order the part etc...

And I have a total of about £300 to buy whatever I want with that I don't have to reason about with the wife ?. Before I go buying mountain biking gear I'm wondering if there is anything you guys use on a daily basis use that really helps with work that I could possibly purchase?

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths ?.

Anything that has made your guys life easier that's not on here that you would reccomend, or anything else that is abit more pricey but you just couldn't do without now? 

Bongo
Hot water and electric reel would make a difference.....you could diy a manual reel and fit an immersion with £300 ready for the cold winter months....

An Xtreme pole, a BIG step up - hardly notice you're holding anything, but expect a few breakages mines like triggers broom!

Top draw waterproofs - breathable, good gloves, DAB

Electric Reel - wow now that's a game changer - (ok calm down) - it's way easier on your shoulder - in fact say goodbye to anymore shoulder ache - and makes you feel just a little bit more 'slick' winding her in whilst stood nonchalantly by, saying 'good morning' to neighbours who look on slightly intrigued at the rapidly disappearing yellow hose magically snaking into the back of your van..

Invest in your kit, it will make the job massively more 'enjoyable'

You'd have thought so but Santa has already been to turn the lights on in town.
When I was in Blackpool on the way home from the Lake District on the second week of October, my wife and I walked into The Dutton Arms pub, and the stupid goons already had their Christmas stuff up.

Should be illegal until the 1st of December. And I like Christmas, but certain cretins have to be attention seekers and put theirs up first

Should be illegal until the 1st of December. And I like Christmas, but certain cretins have to be attention seekers and put theirs up first
I agree, I'm sure if I take a walk to the post box later there will be house round the corner all lit up with Chrissy lights. ?

I agree, I'm sure if I take a walk to the post box later there will be house round the corner all lit up with Chrissy lights. ?
so what you miserable git!?.......the houses in question have probably got young kids.......the usual neighbours near my girlfriends put them all up this weekend just gone......hundreds of lights across 5 houses.......the kids love it!

My gear so far is 

2xgardienr back packs,

SLX and CLX wfp poles

Uni valves in both,

Trolley

Van and tank

Skyvac Atom

Lots of cloths ?.

Bongo
An employee ?

Personally I would bank that money if you ain't already got a rainy day fund as you will have time plus as we go into winter you are going to lose days here and there and if your tank is just strapped I would look to invest that money into having a professional fitted frame
No such thing as lost days.  Even worked while snowing in winter.

No such thing as lost days.  Even worked while snowing in winter.
I am same mate I will work most weather, but there are times when it's not possible more so if we have 6" of snow and the roads are a nightmare or the van needs to go in the garage or something un-foreseen it does happen at some point.

so what you miserable git!?.......the houses in question have probably got young kids.......the usual neighbours near my girlfriends put them all up this weekend just gone......hundreds of lights across 5 houses.......the kids love it!
Peppermint flavoured boiled sweet!

I am same mate I will work most weather, but there are times when it's not possible more so if we have 6" of snow and the roads are a nightmare or the van needs to go in the garage or something un-foreseen it does happen at some point.
I reckon I've had 3 days or less off in the last year.. apart from bank holidays etc 

When I was in Blackpool on the way home from the Lake District on the second week of October, my wife and I walked into The Dutton Arms pub, and the stupid goons already had their Christmas stuff up.
I used to live close to the pub and they have Christmas decorations up all year. Just joking ?, don't think I actually went in the bub in the 15 years I lived about 4 streets away. Just round the corner on Waterloo rd and Bond street used to be 'The Christmas shop' - 12 months of the year Christmas decorations, santa, lights, Christmas songs - must have driven staff mad. It closed last year!

October is way too early for Christmas decorations even in Blackpool.

Biggest upgrades for you (which would make your life a LOT easier) are an electric hose reel and an Xtreme pole!

Latest Posts

Back