Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X-Line dupont brush positive review.

Hi.

I picked up an X-line Dupont brush it's so much fuller then the gardener one.

Granted it's a tad more expensive. But there's a lot more bristles it's it's a lot bigger it has a fantastic splay so flattens out nicely on the glass. There's also enough bristles on so you can quite easily clean the seal with this one as well.

I do like Gardiner stuff as well but but I'm actually quite fascinated how better they're alternative appears to be.

If I was to get a comparable picture on both which I will later you'll see what I'm saying

Has anyone else used x-lines dupont brush yet please let me know.

I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

Granted it's a tad more expensive. But there's a lot more bristles it's it's a lot bigger it has a fantastic splay so flattens out nicely on the glass. There's also enough bristles on so you can quite easily clean the seal with this one as well.

I do like Gardiner stuff as well but but I'm actually quite fascinated how better they're alternative appears to be.

If I was to get a comparable picture on both which I will later you'll see what I'm saying

I found the DuPont sill brush cleans better than any other brush I’ve used. The really big let down for me is that I use fan jets and the copper ones aren’t up to scratch. If they had gardiner 100 degree fan jets, I’d never change it. 

Hi.

The x-line brushes are fantastic and I find they last a lot longer than any of the other brush heads I have tried up to date. To be fair they are heavier but as you have said that’s because there is a lot more bristles I’ve off set the extra weight  by using a carbon fibre gooseneck that works well for me.

I think I actually like the normal orange brush head better than the dupont one   I find sometimes the bristles can clump together a bit on that one and flick the water around if you get what I mean ?

Hi.

I have tried them yes I have one in my garage now did two houses with it and took it off bit to heavy for my liking , that reminds me in the spring I will be having a grand sort out of stuff to sell off ??

I have tried them yes I have one in my garage now did two houses with it and took it off bit to heavy for my liking , that reminds me in the spring I will be having a grand sort out of stuff to sell off ??
Fair enough I'm about to use it next week it's going to be a little bit heavier because there's more on it. But it also will have more bristles to pick more off the seals etc.

Fair enough I'm about to use it next week it's going to be a little bit heavier because there's more on it. But it also will have more bristles to pick more off the seals etc.

I don't understand that. (Highlighted in red.) On your first post you initially stated "There's also enough bristles on so you can quite easily clean the seal with this one as well." I don't understand that either.

I honestly don't think you can review a brush you have used in earnest yet.

It's only when you have used a brush for a few days and got used to it can you form a constructive opinion of it. And again that opinion may not be shared with others.

One cleaner once raved about the Tecbuk Aerial brush. I ordered one. It was much heavier than what their website advised. I had it on my pole for 1/2 a day and binned it. I was far too heavy. I didn't see it cleaned any better than any other brush I had and its weight was its down fall.

I gave it to son in law to use. He took it off his pole before finishing his first house with it.

One of Tecbuk's brags was that it had lots more bristles and splashed much better than Gardiner's brushes. Gardiner's are still around; Tecbuk have long since gone.

I'm still looking for that brush i can  say, yes it does everything you need it to do.

I'm using the gardiner extreme sill brushes, nice n light, but they are pretty useless at getting spider sacks in the corners n have short bristles. Sometimes I use a squeegee to poke them out.  Would like a tool to pop on that would do the job quicker. 

Think I will try the supreme brush next myself. 

I don't understand that. (Highlighted in red.) On your first post you initially stated "There's also enough bristles on so you can quite easily clean the seal with this one as well." I don't understand that either.

I honestly don't think you can review a brush you have used in earnest yet.

It's only when you have used a brush for a few days and got used to it can you form a constructive opinion of it. And again that opinion may not be shared with others.

One cleaner once raved about the Tecbuk Aerial brush. I ordered one. It was much heavier than what their website advised. I had it on my pole for 1/2 a day and binned it. I was far too heavy. I didn't see it cleaned any better than any other brush I had and its weight was its down fall.

I gave it to son in law to use. He took it off his pole before finishing his first house with it.

One of Tecbuk's brags was that it had lots more bristles and splashed much better than Gardiner's brushes. Gardiner's are still around; Tecbuk have long since gone.
Basically the Gardiner dupont has less bristles shorter. So you will need to change the angle to properly  clean the sills.

This one the bristles go more at an angle naturally it's hard to explain I'm going to have to take a photograph with them side by side I'm going to put it to use next week and I'll see but so far for what I could just visually see see I feel it's going to be pretty damn good this brush.

I'm still looking for that brush i can  say, yes it does everything you need it to do.

I'm using the gardiner extreme sill brushes, nice n light, but they are pretty useless at getting spider sacks in the corners n have short bristles. Sometimes I use a squeegee to poke them out.  Would like a tool to pop on that would do the job quicker. 

Think I will try the supreme brush next myself. 
Supreame brushes are all we use they have longer bristles and get into the corners and remove spider nests , best brush I have used , we use the supreame stiff the new white bristle ones they are brilliant with hot water 

Supreame brushes are all we use they have longer bristles and get into the corners and remove spider nests , best brush I have used , we use the supreame stiff the new white bristle ones they are brilliant with hot water 
Ain't too bad the only thing is I find the bristles quite stiff and I like a good splay where the brush spreads out basically this xline brush seems to be a bigger version of the gardener one.

Latest Posts

Back