Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardner backpack hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick Mitton

Question to all those who use Gardner backpack. What's the longest hose you use with it on a regular basis. Also what couplings do you prefer? 

Thanks in advance 

Question to all those who use Gardner backpack. What's the longest hose you use with it on a regular basis. Also what couplings do you prefer? 

Thanks in advance 
As listed by gardiner 20m and rectus 21. Its all on the website 

Thanks in advance 
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

Yeah seen on website but some have suggested that some use longer hose.... Just checking 
Forget what everyone else does and stick to the spec. If you use longer and your pump fails you can only blame yourself. It's only a backpack at the end of the day. Tiny diaphragm pump piddly battery and flow control 

I've used one with 100m of 6mm hose in the past and was fine for about 9 months then the pump couldn't handle it anymore. 

A pump is about 20 quid max on amazon though so is doable.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are buying a Gardiners backpack it's sold with a few feet of hose as standard. The more hose you had the less flow you get 
OK, doesn't mention anything about hose so thanks for heads up. 

I've used one with 109m of 6mm hose in the past and was fine for about 9 months then the pump couldn't handle it anymore. 

A pump is about 20 quid max on amazon though so is doable.
Thanks Dave, was it easy to swap? 

OK, doesn't mention anything about hose so thanks for heads up. 

Thanks Dave, was it easy to swap? 
Yes.. piece of pee.

Just need to either fit 2 female spade terminals to the wires to the new pump or just solder them on.

2 minute job.

Alex from Gardiners has stated on here that over 20m hose he won't honour the warranty but for the price of cheap pumps it's up to you.

I changed my pump for a viton seal chemical resistant one for softwashing once mine died and only cost me 25 quid.

To be honest at 105 quid they are a throwaway item anyway if they break.

Just buy 2 and have a spare.

When I used a backpack from my car when I changed to wfp I had about 35m of hose on ot and always dumped it by the side gate and could do the whole house unless it was a real big house.

Alex from Gardiners has stated on here that over 20m hose he won't honour the warranty but for the price of cheap pumps it's up to you.

I changed my pump for a viton seal chemical resistant one for softwashing once mine died and only cost me 25 quid.

To be honest at 105 quid they are a throwaway item anyway if they break.

Just buy 2 and have a spare.

When I used a backpack from my car when I changed to wfp I had about 35m of hose on ot and always dumped it by the side gate and could do the whole house unless it was a real big house.
That's what I'm hoping to do with BP on a trolly 

Back