Using customers electric

GarethC

28 minutes ago, GarethC said:

Hi all, I have have just ordered GVS 3600 Gutter Vac, im really worried about tripping the custs electric, if I buy this extension lead will I be all good?

Screenshot_20201123-205855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes I have one it trips this before my Genny

45 minutes ago, GarethC said:

Hi all, I have have just ordered GVS 3600 Gutter Vac, im really worried about tripping the custs electric, if I buy this extension lead will I be all good?

You'll benefit from having a few leads.

I personally make all my own cables. 10, 15, 20 metres using 2.5mm artic blue flex.

If using a wind up extension lead be sure to fully unwind it and lay it out on the ground and not coiled or laying in a pile as you'll melt it or potentially catch on fire with the increased resistance 

10 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

You'll benefit from having a few leads.

I personally make all my own cables. 10, 15, 20 metres using 2.5mm artic blue flex.

If using a wind up extension lead be sure to fully unwind it and lay it out on the ground and not coiled or laying in a pile as you'll melt it or potentially catch on fire with the increased resistance 

Would you say its worth buying this extension lead then?

18 minutes ago, GarethC said:

Would you say its worth buying this extension lead then?

If you can use a screwdriver Stanley knife and make solid secure connections then yes. 

Most extension leads are to long and too thin using 1.5mm cross section flex.

Get down to screwfix, toolstation, Or your nearest electrical wholesalers and buy some 2.5mm Cross section Artic blue flex, some heavy duty MK 13 amp plugs and single gang trailing sockets and make a few leads.

I'm no tight ar5e but opt for making my own kit because my quality control and standards are so much better 

Edited by Apw1210
23 hours ago, GarethC said:

I have a gutter vac similar to that one and have been cleaning apartment blocks with it for years! never had a problem yet,. Just make sure you wait a little bit between switching each motor on. don't switch them all on at once. Been using 40ft extension leads

16 minutes ago, Neil.. Lancashire said:

I have a gutter vac similar to that one and have been cleaning apartment blocks with it for years! never had a problem yet,. Just make sure you wait a little bit between switching each motor on. don't switch them all on at once. Been using 40ft extension leads

What extension lead do you use? Thanks for your reply 👍 

4 minutes ago, GarethC said:

What extension lead do you use? Thanks for your reply 👍 

I got it from srewfix. it wasn't overly expensive.  its got the built in circuit breaker. As said already, just make sure you take all the lead off even if you don't need that much cable.

1 minute ago, Neil.. Lancashire said:

I got it from srewfix. it wasn't overly expensive.  its got the built in circuit breaker. As said already, just make sure you take all the lead off even if you don't need that much cable.

Ideal so I dont have to spend £72 on a extension lead, is your gutter vac 3600watts?

16 minutes ago, GarethC said:

Ideal so I dont have to spend £72 on a extension lead, is your gutter vac 3600watts?

Yes 3600 watts. 3 x 1200  Mine didn't cost that much. had them about 6 years and still using them.

On 24/11/2020 at 21:12, GarethC said:

If I spent £70 on a factory made extension lead I'd expect the conductors to be made of Gold and have a glow in the dark coating on it. Was that for a reel up lead? 

7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

If I spent £70 on a factory made extension lead I'd expect the conductors to be made of Gold and have a glow in the dark coating on it. Was that for a reel up lead? 

436554961_Screenshot_20201123-205855_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8c0d675601fd08964593309823e0deee.jpg