Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WEBASTO TEMPERATURE MIXER VALVE......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dazmond

mine started leaking a bit today so i screwed it back on tight and my water has been on min temperature setting all day...just about warm at brush head.....anyway when i got back home this afternoon i re screwed it back on tight then slightly loosened the nut in the middle of the dial and did a quarter turn anti clockwise(towards me)until i felt it stop.....hopefully my dial is now on max temperature setting....ill find out tomorrow....

has any of you diesel heater users had problems with this mixer valve?

cheers in advance guys

yes........it controls the ratio of cold/hot water in the heat exchanger(the black dial on the side of your heater)which in turn controls the temperature of the water coming out of the heater and into your reel and up to your pole and brush jets.....
I think its just a valve that controls the amount of hot antifreeze going through the heat exchanger and should be left fully open. That's what I thought it was but I may be wrong.

I think its just a valve that controls the amount of hot antifreeze going through the heat exchanger and should be left fully open. That's what I thought it was but I may be wrong.
When fully open it’s maximum heat then as you close it down the heat is reduced , it’s designed to be adjustable, I have unscrewed my to far a few times and had the valve come apart ?? 

You’re on another forum as well?

Jeez, you must clean windows for an hour then spend the other 23 hours on forums!! ??
??? that’s the joys of employing time to do a bit of forum surfing ??

Its a hot water mixer valve. It regulates how much cold water gets mixed with hot water to maintain the temperature you set it at. Its not connected to the internal heat circuit which has antifreeze in it.

If you require the water to be hotter at your brush then you adjust the control k n o b up toward maximum. What this does is redirect more cold water through the heat exchanger. With less cold water mixing with the hot it will mean higher water temps at the brush head.

Its exactly the same thermostatic valve used to regulate the temperature at your shower head.

Its a hot water mixer valve. It regulates how much cold water gets mixed with hot water to maintain the temperature you set it at. Its not connected to the internal heat circuit which has antifreeze in it.

If you require the water to be hotter at your brush then you adjust the control k n o b up toward maximum. What this does is redirect more cold water through the heat exchanger. With less cold water mixing with the hot it will mean higher water temps at the brush head.

Its exactly the same thermostatic valve used to regulate the temperature at your shower head.
So its on the Webasto heater then, not the heat exchanger?

I replaced both on mine as they fell apart, they don’t have serviceable parts. I put a post on here about 6 months ago as I found somewhere that still stocked them (they are discontinued in the exact spec used in our scenario) and they were half the price of webasto sourced ones. The biggest ball ache is to service/replace them you have to remover the heater/coolant pipes to the heater.

You can bypass the valve if you can stick the heater being on full temp all day - the Ionics heater doesn’t generally have the adjuster (from my experience anyway).

A1CF2213-7952-469E-BDA1-F1F0278F028A.png

665B752C-42FC-461B-8552-4B03389D0EEB.png

So its on the Webasto heater then, not the heat exchanger?
It's on the heat exchanger. The heat exchanger has 2 water channels separated from each other. The one channel from the boiler gets hotter as the boiler heats the water up. Hot water circulates through this channel all the time the heater is switched on.

The 2nd channel is the water that comes from the tank, gets heated up and then sent into the brush head. Those 2 channels are separated in the heat exchanger so they don't mix.

Cold water is pumped from your pump into the 2nd channel. Before it reaches the heat exchanger it comes to a T piece - a fork in the road. Water can either go through the HE or by pass the HE. The thermo valve regulates how much cold water mixes with the hot for the temperature required. If the water gets too hot the valve reduces the amount of hot water taken from the heat exchanger and increases the amount of cold water taken from the by pass.

Back