Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slow water flow

Jonnyavfc

The water flow coming out the brush head seems not so fast today. My battery is reading 12.8 and have the usual shurflo pump and streamline controller. Even when crancked right up there's no real difference in the flow 

The water flow coming out the brush head seems not so fast today. My battery is reading 12.8 and have the usual shurflo pump and streamline controller. Even when crancked right up there's no real difference in the flow 
Good evening. Have you fully unwound your hosereel to check for a hose kink.

Checked your Shurflo pumps inline strainer weekly for dirt or debris from your tank?  

Thanks for your reply. Yes hose reel been fully unwound and the strainer is clean too ??

Ime sure @spruce will be able to advise but think your battery isn’t charged up properly, might be on the way out ?. 
Cheers m8. Seems strange though as battery is reading 12.7 and over 13 with engine running 

Thanks for your reply. Yes hose reel been fully unwound and the strainer is clean too ??

Cheers m8. Seems strange though as battery is reading 12.7 and over 13 with engine running 
I can tell you there is a big difference in flow rate between water at 7 degrees and water at 30 degrees using the identical flow settings on the controller, identical brush head and hose reel. 

This summer our tank water in the van probably got to around 18  - 20 degrees in mid summer.

When the temps drop so does our flow rate.

I can tell you there is a big difference in flow rate between water at 7 degrees and water at 30 degrees using the identical flow settings on the controller, identical brush head and hose reel. 

This summer our tank water in the van probably got to around 18  - 20 degrees in mid summer.

When the temps drop so does our flow rate.
Aye, hot water is a pleasure to work with in the winter. The cold contracts everything and the hot expands it, makes sense with rubber hoses.

I checked the temperature of the cold water in my tank this morning at the van port. Its 6.5 degrees C. Its not been that cold yet. We haven't had frost yet on the North East coast so I'm a little surprised its that low tbh.

I haven't purified water into the IBC tank since Monday and I took that temperature reading while the van was filling up with water. I have to presume the water in the IBC tank is a similar temperature at the bottom where the water is taken from.

I checked the temperature of the cold water in my tank this morning at the van port. Its 6.5 degrees C. Its not been that cold yet. We haven't had frost yet on the North East coast so I'm a little surprised its that low tbh.

I haven't purified water into the IBC tank since Monday and I took that temperature reading while the van was filling up with water. I have to presume the water in the IBC tank is a similar temperature at the bottom where the water is taken from.
We had a hard frost here in North Devon last night. Nice crisp clear start to the day 

Hi guys hope you are all well and making most of a crappy time looking at this post and as it is I've had the same problem today on 2 occasions. I've been cleaning away gone to next customers property pulled pole hose to activate uni-valve and nothing out of brush head checked controller for flow checked for kinks and accidental disconnection also checked uni-valve and in the end i disconnected reel from outlet point and water was pumping fine, reconnected  reel water comes out brush head very slow flow and it had been used on the same settings for ages previous to these issues turned calibration up and flow but still slow disconnected it all again and it started flowing properly again 

Hi guys hope you are all well and making most of a crappy time looking at this post and as it is I've had the same problem today on 2 occasions. I've been cleaning away gone to next customers property pulled pole hose to activate uni-valve and nothing out of brush head checked controller for flow checked for kinks and accidental disconnection also checked uni-valve and in the end i disconnected reel from outlet point and water was pumping fine, reconnected  reel water comes out brush head very slow flow and it had been used on the same settings for ages previous to these issues turned calibration up and flow but still slow disconnected it all again and it started flowing properly again 
Did you clean the strainer out ? Some people overlook this and it doesn't take much to clog it up and the water flow will get slow 

Did you clean the strainer out ? Some people overlook this and it doesn't take much to clog it up and the water flow will get slow 
Thanks Jonny mate I will check it, I checked it few weeks back but I will re-check tomorrow as I noticed tank plastic debris floating from drilling work prob from installation

We had a hard frost here in North Devon last night. Nice crisp clear start to the day 
Its forecast to be cold tonight. I've turned the heater in the van up a notch to compensate. Its not unexpected as central America was hit by that cold plume about 3 weeks ago. It usually takes 3 weeks for us to get the tail end of it.

We have had some cold nights though so the water will either stay at the temp it comes out of the tap or will get colder just sat in an ibc on a concrete garage floor as there is very little fluctuation in temperature, I have had to increase my cal and flow just a bit this week to compensate for the colder water. 

Hi Jonny checked strainer no debris nothing built up there it did it again today wouldn't pump water had to disconnect reel pipe from outlet and it had warmed up a few degrees worked well flowing nice at times then when packed up kit to go next cust happens again ?

Latest Posts

Back