Cleaning pure water tank and what appropriate solution to use?

AllGleam

Hi chaps, I don't know if you guys clean your tanks in van, as I wasnt advised when first starting out, been pole cleaning since June 2020 any other professional pointers would be appreciated and valued cheers 

10 minutes ago, AllGleam said:

Hi chaps, I don't know if you guys clean your tanks in van, as I wasnt advised when first starting out, been pole cleaning since June 2020 any other professional pointers would be appreciated and valued cheers 

Had a tank in a van for 9 years, never cleaned it. It has only ever had pure in it though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I sterilise ours every few years using a hypo solution , just kills off any bacteria that may be present and will kill off any water borne nasties like legionella should it be present , if you have a clear tank it will kill of algi growth 

25 minutes ago, AllGleam said:

I'd treat it the same as a second hand IBC.

Fill it with hot or warm water. 2L of bog standard bleach and scrub it with a small headed broom and then rinse it thoroughly with plenty of cold water. Then with the tank outlet open rinse it with a few sprayed litres of pure water 

30 minutes ago, mop-n-scrim said:

Milton Sterilising Fluid is what we use when going away and vans not going to be used for a while.

Fill tank with pure water and add milton fluid as the system is purified in the van and leave it for 24hrs and flush out through outlet 

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

I've never found the need to do anything other than occasionally vac out any debris that has got in. I do like to keep my TDS at zero though.

Definitely top key factor TDS zero agree 100%