Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning pure water tank and what appropriate solution to use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AllGleam

Hi chaps, I don't know if you guys clean your tanks in van, as I wasnt advised when first starting out, been pole cleaning since June 2020 any other professional pointers would be appreciated and valued cheers 

I sterilise ours every few years using a hypo solution , just kills off any bacteria that may be present and will kill off any water borne nasties like legionella should it be present , if you have a clear tank it will kill of algi growth 

Hi chaps, I don't know if you guys clean your tanks in van, as I wasnt advised when first starting out, been pole cleaning since June 2020 any other professional pointers would be appreciated and valued cheers 
I'd treat it the same as a second hand IBC.

Fill it with hot or warm water. 2L of bog standard bleach and scrub it with a small headed broom and then rinse it thoroughly with plenty of cold water. Then with the tank outlet open rinse it with a few sprayed litres of pure water 

Back