Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Strainers on pumps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Ive noticed quite a few do not bother with these Strainers.    

image.png

Ive always used a strainer.   The pic above costs around  £1500  yet not 1 strainer,    Debris   etc going into pump.      Is it just a case of cannot be bothered or do you have a reason for not using one

3 local lads dont use.      Its  not that big a price of equipment .

When I bought my pump and controller on plate for diy set up the fittings came with it, maybe other people that buy everything separately don’t bother but better to use one than not for how cheap it is surely ?‍♂️

Ive noticed quite a few do not bother with these Strainers.    

View attachment 22570

Ive always used a strainer.   The pic above costs around  £1500  yet not 1 strainer,    Debris   etc going into pump.      Is it just a case of cannot be bothered or do you have a reason for not using one

3 local lads dont use.      Its  not that big a price of equipment .
Honestly, don't get caught up in Ebay or whatever systems, if you are looking to have a fully fitted system get booked into PureFreedom I had to set off about 6am but was back before 3pm only sticking point at the moment is finding somewhere to pass the time I went to spoons for breakfast and sat and read a book and drank the free coffee and had a walk about. 

otherwise if you have a local mechanic who is able to fit a PF system for you as in bolt the frame in over the tank as PF do, then do that and the rest is fairly straightforward as it should be all near enough set up on a pallet, when I was down PF I saw them moving systems with a small forklift so I guess a pre-ordered system to be delivered to your door would be on a pallet almost ready to go.

When Gardiners sold Aquatec pumps they had this on their website

Aquatec 12v Water-Fed Pole Pump

Please note that this pump must be used with an inline strainer for warranty to be valid

The strainer stops any grit accidentally introduced into the tank from the filling hose getting into the pump mechanism. We have also come across cleaners who have had a DI vessel failure (for whatever reason) and the filter has ended up being clogged with resin beads.

I not sure why fitting an inline strainer is being questioned tbh.

Back