Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift razr red rubber

Matt-s

Hello, what’s peoples experience with the red facelift razr rubber? I’m not rating it at all it’s sometimes leaving patches down the sides and top and bottom of the glass and then on the next window it will be sort of alright... before anyone says it’s not technique because it doesn’t happen with the pulex rubber I also use it’s been cut perfectly and is kept above my head in the van so it can’t get damaged. I’ve heard others have had the same problem anybody else got any ideas? First batch I’ve bought of these and they seem hideous so far! Cheers. 

It's absolute cr*p, new moerman blue rubber imo is cr*p too. Ettore master rubber is the best rubber without a doubt & I really liked the new Unger green medium rubber but have ordered more so I can be sure.

It's absolute cr*p, new moerman blue rubber imo is cr*p too. Ettore master rubber is the best rubber without a doubt & I really liked the new Unger green medium rubber but have ordered more so I can be sure.
Never had the ettore stuff will have to order some pulex stuff has always served me well... I always heard bad stuff about the unger green stuff but never tried it personally. 

Pulex has been decent in my opinion. I have more green rubber ordered, loved the first one I got just to try it but need to try more to form a definitive opinion on it. The Moerman blue rubber has been absolutely dreadful, skipping and pulling against the glass I hate it.

Ettore master rubber is beautiful for the most part. The annoying thing for me is the lack of consistency in a majority of packs of rubbers. The are not cheap, one can be great and then one in the same pack can be average. It's very frustrating 

What are you using your rubbers in ? 

Never had any bad issues with Razr red. Got it in my 10inch Moeman at moment, and Ettore soft in my others. I also tend to buy something like one or two 36inch strips when needed, so perhaps been lucky in not buying strips from a bad batch which may happen.

To be fair Iv had a couple of good ones out of the batch recently but I have laid them all out straight rather than looping them up in my overhead bit in the van 

Hello, what’s peoples experience with the red facelift razr rubber? I’m not rating it at all it’s sometimes leaving patches down the sides and top and bottom of the glass and then on the next window it will be sort of alright... before anyone says it’s not technique because it doesn’t happen with the pulex rubber I also use it’s been cut perfectly and is kept above my head in the van so it can’t get damaged. I’ve heard others have had the same problem anybody else got any ideas? First batch I’ve bought of these and they seem hideous so far! Cheers. 

was about to write about the red razor rubber...I've been having a nightmare using it this week..smears and wet marks staying their when I've finished blading the window..it's not my technique as I've been cleaning windows for 38 years...

Seems to be worse in the cold weather and ok in the warmer weather..used to use the pulex rubber and unger black rubber..anyone else got a good reliable rubber they use..

Last edited by a moderator:
was about to write about the red razor rubber...I've been having a nightmare using it this week..smears and wet marks staying their when I've finished blading the window..it's not my technique as I've been cleaning windows for 38 years...

Seems to be worse in the cold weather and ok in the warmer weather..used to use the pulex rubber and unger black rubber..anyone else got a good reliable rubber they use..

Yes defo ettore master rubber every time red rubber was good when it first came on the scene
Agree with you..used to be a good wearing rubber..**** now ..

This exactly what happened with mine if it’s not wet marks down the sides it’s through the middle.. you change it to a new one thinking it might be you but the next one does the same or worse Iv had one that lasted a full days work that didn’t seem too bad.. I also usually use pulex or unger black stuff and never have a problem ?

Ettore rubber in my experience is the most reliable rubber year after year and year round. There will always be bad batches of rubber here or there no matter what brand.

What are you using your rubbers in ? 
Sorry only seeing this now, i have a variety of channels that I use, unger, s plus, ettore brass, ninja, sorbo ranging from 6" to 42" and am forever trying to find the perfect combo.... which doesn't exist yet. I think the very fact you have to ask the question of what channel to use in speaks for itself regarding razor red. Obviously some rubbers are tighter fits than others in different channels but that was never the issue for me with razor red more so the dragging and skipping. I like to put in a rubber that will serve for most, if not all jobs. In my opinion a good rubber should be versatile for the user, not the other way around. Exactly the reason I stopped using liquidator channels, change this and swap that kinda thing.

Obviously different people use different things and it's not an all fits one, we all have our favorites and opinions, so it is just my opinion. I use soft rubber most of the year indoors and outdoors, a harder rubber working on a hot day to lessen drag marks but I am in Ireland and we are not exactly the Bahamas over here so a soft rubber works fine most of the time.

I have used the Unger green and really liked it but only used it in the 18 inch and would love if they had it in bigger sizes.

I used to be a big fan of Facelift razr red rubber many years ago to begin with but it's not the same anymore.

I am using yellow Professional SPOTLESS rubber from cleaning spot. 

I used to use razor red but got fed up with lines changed to SYR from cleaning spot never had a bad rubber yet .Just brought a wagtail found it to rubber sticking to glass put SYR in now love the wagtail

Back