Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van sticker removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pressurewasher

Morning.

ive been looking at getting a bigger van. The ones that have really caught my eye is ex british gas vauxhall vivaro (i actually fancy a transit custom but finding one with twin sliding doors is impossible).

ive always had issues with my previous vans with van stickers. Is there any way to fully get rid of them? Even the best vans ive had in certain light you could make out the old stickers?

Once the stickers are removed itll need a good heavy cut with polish to take off a layer of paint/lacquer. As the very top will have the natural sun damage apart from where it was covered by the vinyls, so you need to take it all down a layer so its all 'fresh'. Though id recommend taking it to someone who has done similar before, dont want to go through the paintwork!

The stickers have not been on to long a cut and machine polish should remove them.

Be carful with the transit custom the paint depth is thin on them.Take it to a detailer.

Morning.

ive been looking at getting a bigger van. The ones that have really caught my eye is ex british gas vauxhall vivaro (i actually fancy a transit custom but finding one with twin sliding doors is impossible).

ive always had issues with my previous vans with van stickers. Is there any way to fully get rid of them? Even the best vans ive had in certain light you could make out the old stickers?
A cheap tesco hairdryer and not a heat gun, use a plastic card as a soft edge scraper such as your wife's bank card or free lottery card from the local corner shop.

Sticky stuff remover or petrol works well to remove any remaining adhesive but not when you are heating it with a hairdryer.

Cheers lads il give a local detailer a ring this afternoon to ask if they can do it. Failing that i may just have to signwrite the van myself to cover them

On another note, I know the place i used for the signwriting on my van also had a vinyl removal service, so might be worth asking the local signwriters if they also do removal. But once off the faint marks left is a detailing job.

Back