Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump auto shut off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dirty dan

My head is pickled on an easy way to connect my booster pump like the one pictured, to an auto shut off like the other pic. Anyone got any diagrams on how it’s connected and wired up? Thanks. 

2030254B-C7DF-49C4-9103-738F9D5612BC.jpeg

A3AC421C-34C2-443C-9885-B861FF864E82.jpeg

You are working with mains electric and water!!! If you don't know what you are doing that combo could be deadly!!!

Basically the pressure switch (blue box) goes between pump and mains plug. Then you need a float switch to shut off when tank is full. So pressure switch sees high pressure and shuts off pump. You will also need a way to stop water entering under mains pressure as that might still be enough to push through pump and then go to waste via membrane.

I can't reiterate how dangerous mains electricity is especially round water. If in even the slightest doubt get a pro in to do it.

Should I use an RCD on my booster? its from daqua, have to unplug manually. Wasnt really any info with it regarding that. Also sub pump? I guess thats safe? I just unplug that when van tank is full, or it gurgles to a stop itself when water in the holding tank gets low enough.

Should I use an RCD on my booster? its from daqua, have to unplug manually. Wasnt really any info with it regarding that. Also sub pump? I guess thats safe? I just unplug that when van tank is full, or it gurgles to a stop itself when water in the holding tank gets low enough.
It’s good practice to have RCD protection on all appliances , they are cheap as chips to buy just plug the RCD breaker into the socket put your lead into it and away you go 

It’s good practice to have RCD protection on all appliances , they are cheap as chips to buy just plug the RCD breaker into the socket put your lead into it and away you go 
Gotta be worth it I guess. We always had them for the electric mower and hedge cutter but will pick up some more.

47 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Such an easy install and takes a few minutes

Normally I'd be ultra helpful and leave a simple wiring guide. 

On this occasion and the fact that you can't figure out the simple installation of two mating surfaces it rings alarm bells of safety and understanding.

Get yourself a plumber, it's on a 10 minute job.

The flow switch will need rewiring with a longer 3m supply flex with either an inline RCD or RCD fitted plug and the pump 13amp plug cutting off and wired into the flow switch load.

Normally I'd be ultra helpful and leave a simple wiring guide. 

On this occasion and the fact that you can't figure out the simple installation of two mating surfaces it rings alarm bells of safety and understanding.

Get yourself a plumber, it's on a 10 minute job.

The flow switch will need rewiring with a longer 3m supply flex with either an inline RCD or RCD fitted plug and the pump 13amp plug cutting off and wired into the flow switch load.
It’s not that I can’t figure it out, I just thought I’d ask before hand from people who have already done it. I’ve wired up everything else in my van myself. Assembled my own ro system myself. I’ve even re wired half my house, I’m very competent with electric, but I’m only asking advise. I was asking about how to Cut off water and power. What’s so dangerous about asking how the mechanics of an appliance works? So thanks for the not so useful advice that wasn’t given. I won’t ask for the simple wiring guide you mentioned, I’ll struggle on by myself. Cheers. Hope you never need help from another window cleaner. ?

It’s not that I can’t figure it out, I just thought I’d ask before hand from people who have already done it. I’ve wired up everything else in my van myself. Assembled my own ro system myself. I’ve even re wired half my house, I’m very competent with electric, but I’m only asking advise. I was asking about how to Cut off water and power. What’s so dangerous about asking how the mechanics of an appliance works? So thanks for the not so useful advice that wasn’t given. I won’t ask for the simple wiring guide you mentioned, I’ll struggle on by myself. Cheers. Hope you never need help from another window cleaner. ?
To be fair mate we have no idea what your skill level is and you said that 'your head is pickled' so on that basis I assumed you didn't have much experience. So I erred on the causious side to protect your life or anyone else who wants to do same thing in future! 

PS I assume you had your partial rewire checked by a qualified electrician as some areas you are legally not allowed to do and could cause your insurance to be invalid! 

Stay safe mate. 

Don't get your **** in your hand. So you've rewired your house, Does that mean you have an NVQ level 3 or part P? I have, so why can't you install a flow switch on a pump?

Simple plug and play really. PTFE tape screw in the 1" male base until tight. Rewire the load and add some flex.

Don't get offended because we air on the side of caution because it's an electrical installation combined with water.

Back