Jump to content

Very poor standard of work 😂😂


Pjj

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Looks like they have run a damp rag over it. I did it myself and got pulled up for it. 😂

you've done that yourself? and your on check-a trade? scottish, this is shoddy.

Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning

There are some shocking standards out there.There are also some shocking prices.

That looks like a commercial job with the no smoking sign.

Some commercial I see looks a right state and then you find out what they are paying.I thinks a lot of cleaners are getting poor prices and just don't have the heart in it no more almost ready to give up.

The same can be said for poorly trained and underpaid and un motivated staff.

I know a couple like it near me

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

Some commercial I see looks a right state and then you find out what they are paying.I thinks a lot of cleaners are getting poor prices and just don't have the heart in it no more almost ready to give up.

The same can be said for poorly trained and underpaid and un motivated staff.

I know a couple like it near me

Just been talking to a fellow windy in my neck of the woods, residential work is almost better than the standard commercial work now.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Just been talking to a fellow windy in my neck of the woods, residential work is almost better than the standard commercial work now.

IT's true.

Some commercial prices are going backwards.Every ones fighting for it . you also get some people that just don't know how to price it properly driving prices down.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Commercial is heading downwards and residential is heading upwards because folk are working from home and they can even get their company to pay for it. Leisure Industry is finished for next few years and need to cut costs so window cleaning will be first to go. I did a first clean today for a tenner and woman over the moon with it. First one in that area so maybe pick up some others on the street. 

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, ks789 said:

you've done that yourself? and your on check-a trade? scottish, this is shoddy.

That's when I was Trad and just starting out but not anymore with hot water system. Top reel refused to pump pure today so I hit it with a hammer and away it went working like nothing had happened but I guess the pump is on the way out. 😂

Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
57 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Commercial is heading downwards and residential is heading upwards because folk are working from home and they can even get their company to pay for it. Leisure Industry is finished for next few years and need to cut costs so window cleaning will be first to go. I did a first clean today for a tenner and woman over the moon with it. First one in that area so maybe pick up some others on the street. 

I would be very ,very surprised if any company would pay for their staffs window cleaning.My wife had people at her work try to claim for broadband and her firm almost laughed at them.

The working at home won't last for ever end of next year at tops.

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
3 minutes ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

I would be very ,very surprised if any company would pay for their staffs window cleaning.My wife had people at her work try to claim for broadband and her firm almost laughed at them.

The working at home won't last for ever end of next year at tops.

They can't expect to use the homeowners broadband. When you work in the public sector then its an eye opener, I would be expecting a cleaner, gardener and they can pay my heating as well or I would get my lawyer to serve them a writ. 😉 

Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
16 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

They can't expect to use the homeowners broadband. When you work in the public sector then its an eye opener, I would be expecting a cleaner, gardener and they can pay my heating as well or I would get my lawyer to serve them a writ. 😉 

it would never stand up.Most people have broadbands how can they  claim for something they already had in place.How could you justify a cleaner and gardener when your sitting on your laptop at the dinning room table?

some firms may give them a token payment but not many and none are obliged too.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

There are some shocking standards out there.There are also some shocking prices.

That looks like a commercial job with the no smoking sign.

Some commercial I see looks a right state and then you find out what they are paying.I thinks a lot of cleaners are getting poor prices and just don't have the heart in it no more almost ready to give up.

The same can be said for poorly trained and underpaid and un motivated staff.

I know a couple like it near me

It’s the communal entrance to blocks of flats we do some of the flats  but the housing association have a large national company do the entrances monthly I better not name them on hear but they are a big or large company beginning with M I’ll leave the rest to your imagination 😂😂😂 I have no idear how they get away with it if we left it like that I guarantee we would get a call back 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

I would be very ,very surprised if any company would pay for their staffs window cleaning.My wife had people at her work try to claim for broadband and her firm almost laughed at them.

The working at home won't last for ever end of next year at tops.

A lot of my customer have been working from home for the last few months and a lot of companies are now looking to permanently carry on doing it , one customer is an office manager for the council and her department are all going to carry on working from home they have an office meeting on zoom once a week to deal with any issues and that it , my wife works for a holiday letting company and they are offering all staff that would like to continue working from home the option to do that , I personally think it’s the way ahead for a lot of companies , they are also happy to pay a % of the broadbands monthly cost  so it’s a win win as no traveling expenses , or wasted time , she can work an extra hour per day without the traveling so she is better off .

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

it would never stand up.Most people have broadbands how can they  claim for something they already had in place.How could you justify a cleaner and gardener when your sitting on your laptop at the dinning room table?

some firms may give them a token payment but not many and none are obliged too.

My mate works for the council and they gave him a new desk, new chair and new laptop. A girl stays with her mum and they told her mum to provide her with broadband. Her mum told them to p1ss off and do not try and put demands on a homeowner who has nothing to do with the council or she will contact the police for harassment. That's when the penny dropped that the girl employee is a lodger in her mum's house. The council lawyers told the council that you have no authority over a house owner and must provide the girl with everything she needs when asking her to work from home. That's the fundamental reason most folk work in offices where the business owner/stakeholder has the authority, common sense I would have thought.

Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

It’s the communal entrance to blocks of flats we do some of the flats  but the housing association have a large national company do the entrances monthly I better not name them on hear but they are a big or large company beginning with M I’ll leave the rest to your imagination 😂😂😂 I have no idear how they get away with it if we left it like that I guarantee we would get a call back 

I looked at job years ago being done by a national to a poor standard and the contractor had the customer in a really tight contract they were unable to get out off.

A lot of really big work is also won by brown envelopes.The quality isn't an issue when the contracts manager is taking them.

Edited by Cghwindowcleaning
Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

My mate works for the council and they gave him a new desk, new chair and new laptop. A girl stays with her mum and they told her mum to provide her with broadband. Her mum told them to p1ss off and do not try and put demands on a homeowner who has nothing to do with the council or she will contact the police for harassment. That's when the penny dropped that the girl employee is a lodger in her mum's house. The council lawyers told the council that you have no authority over a house owner and must provide the girl with everything she needs when asking her to work from home. That's the fundamental reason most folk work in offices where the business owner/stakeholder has the authority, common sense I would have thought.

But you were talking about claiming for cleaners, window cleaners and gardeners.

Basic stuff to do your job yes but that's not what you said.Most offices are still open that I know of with the people like you mention that can't do their job at home working in them safely.

Councils are slightly different they will probably pay for everything and anything for an easy life the old public sector gravy train which is probably why most are verging on bankruptcy.

Edited by Cghwindowcleaning
Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

A lot of my customer have been working from home for the last few months and a lot of companies are now looking to permanently carry on doing it , one customer is an office manager for the council and her department are all going to carry on working from home they have an office meeting on zoom once a week to deal with any issues and that it , my wife works for a holiday letting company and they are offering all staff that would like to continue working from home the option to do that , I personally think it’s the way ahead for a lot of companies , they are also happy to pay a % of the broadbands monthly cost  so it’s a win win as no traveling expenses , or wasted time , she can work an extra hour per day without the traveling so she is better off .

IT all depend on the company if they are fairly small and rent the building then I can see it working but not for the big firms.

Staff have to be carefull. Definatly some have proved they can do it but some are struggling to get the work done and separate that work life balance.My wife has always been able to work from home but with it forced upon them with this pandemic it has made some of them struggle with isolation.Single people who live on there own working from home are getting to a stage where they don't see any one or leave the house it's not good for peoples well being.

 

Business is also built on relationships and rapor .You just don't get that over zoom with 10-or 20 others on the call.

some have proved to their boss they can work from home but it has also proved to some bosses the posabilaty of it being some where totally different like abroad where labour is cheaper you've only got to look at what happened to the call centre industry.People could end up shooting them selfves in the foot.

 

Link to post
21 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

IT's true.

Some commercial prices are going backwards.Every ones fighting for it . you also get some people that just don't know how to price it properly driving prices down.

This, absolute idiots don't realise the long term impact of this, killing prices for themselves & the whole industry.

Edited by Daniel Perkins
  • Agree 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.