Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snowing already

Chris34

Bloody freezing today, ended up calling it a day at 14:00 not stop sleet / rain then turned to some quite heavy snow, just really hard going and had a first clean left to do so just thought best of it.  

Forecast from Accuweather was completely wrong so really caught me out today.  On the way back cars were coming in the opposite direction with piles of snow on them.  How did everyone else get on?  Snow early December could be a long winter.  

Bloody freezing today, ended up calling it a day at 14:00 not stop sleet / rain then turned to some quite heavy snow, just really hard going and had a first clean left to do so just thought best of it.  

Forecast from Accuweather was completely wrong so really caught me out today.  On the way back cars were coming in the opposite direction with piles of snow on them.  How did everyone else get on?  Snow early December could be a long winter.  
Yep was snow down here from early on. Freeze tonight. I'd read or heard somewhere that this season we may get the worst of winter early on and milder later, opposite of usual. Jan and feb are usually the coldest. On average though, I think march is the same temperature as december, and april similar to november. April always feels better/more positive with the longer days and rising heat. And hopefully  pubs back to normal by then.

I need to get my thermals and winter hat ready for next week ?

Wished I had them today though ?

Yep was snow down here from early on. Freeze tonight. I'd read or heard somewhere that this season we may get the worst of winter early on and milder later, opposite of usual. Jan and feb are usually the coldest. On average though, I think march is the same temperature as december, and april similar to november. April always feels better/more positive with the longer days and rising heat. And hopefully  pubs back to normal by then.
If it freezes tonight it's going to be one massive ice rink around here, just standing water everywhere.  When you get that sleet type rain mixed with snow it just sits where it lands and doesn't drain away, was supposed to be going to the pub later for first time in months.  Risk of broken leg and risk of being asked to self isolate for 10 days is making me think twice about it.

Definitely need better gloves and shoes for this type of weather, be spending most of the weekend researching and ordering **** loads of gear ready for it.

If it freezes tonight it's going to be one massive ice rink around here, just standing water everywhere.  When you get that sleet type rain mixed with snow it just sits where it lands and doesn't drain away, was supposed to be going to the pub later for first time in months.  Risk of broken leg and risk of being asked to self isolate for 10 days is making me think twice about it.

Definitely need better gloves and shoes for this type of weather, be spending most of the weekend researching and ordering **** loads of gear ready for it.
last winter I was soaking 3 pairs trainers a week, This year Ive got some Cat, leather trainers and they work perfect, feet dry all day. Also i thought this old pair of steel cap labouring boots would be no good, but I was wrong. I thought i wouldn't even be able to drive properly in them, clod-hoppers that they are, yet they are fine. 

It chucked it down all morning, glad I've got a new waterproof that actually works. Got all scheduled work done but it wasn't a full day anyway. Gave me time to catch up on invoicing, chasing money and to get my 3rd SEISS claim in ?

It chucked it down all morning, glad I've got a new waterproof that actually works. Got all scheduled work done but it wasn't a full day anyway. Gave me time to catch up on invoicing, chasing money and to get my 3rd SEISS claim in ?
with pubs shut, well, as good as, more cash spare temporarily. I reckon maybe thats why some of the suppliers have got delays with stocks, maybe a lot of grant money is buying up new gear, as well as a flood of newbs doing likewise.

We had between 3-4 degrees but felt colder in the wind , couple of hail and rain showers , but did a normal days work  but wasn’t sorry to get home ???

Me and @steve garwoodwould be down like a shot, sod the risk.
Bang on. Sadly, the landlady of my local isn’t opening until just before Christmas.

Going into the west end tomorrow. Plenty of pints with a scotch egg ?

What coat did you get? I’ve not had a lot of luck with coats ?.

Very brave of you admitting you wear a coat on here. As most on here are ex SAS and only wear a thong all day ??

Regatta Dover Jacket gets my vote. I've been using them in the heaviest of rain (when I've been caught out) for best part of seven years of sterling service. About £30.

Was gonna work Saturday very rare for me just to catch up but chucking it down dont want to work in that

Do have the just the waterproof jacket or the Dover Plus?
I'm not certain of the answer to that. I just buy them from the family who did my signwriting on the vans. His wife supplies work clothing as a small sideline. I think there's only one type but I could be mistaken.

Back