Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cleaning

Bongofish

So I did my first gutter Vac today and went fine. But I could not get the wattery silt up from the bottom. Sucked all leaves and moss out but left gutters like this....

Is this ok? 

Screenshot_20201201_174459.jpg

If its a bungalow, I use my ladder n hold nozzle in hand to get the small bits. There is awkward bits that are hard to get at times, gutters can be a faff. 

Ok great idea part timer with the bucket. So no issues I. Terms of the gutters actually being harder to vacumn stuff out of?
Strictly speaking easier as the rain will soften everything, just not nice doing it in heavy rain. Just keep checking the drum as you'll be amazed how quickly it will fill, and water is very heavy.

Picked up my new skyvac last week, and bought myself a new action camera online, frankly couldnt justify the cost of the skyvac camera.  And have to say that I am impressed with the skyvac and am happy with the camera.  Completed my first job today.

Fingers crossed this side of my business pays for itself.

Made a small video, I live and work in Germany so everythings in German but you get the gist.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a very good vac , practice will make you faster and you will get to know what you can do and what you cannot do , when quoting always check the gap between the roof tiles and the gutter sometimes you cannot get the vac tools into the gutter , we enjoy gutter vaccing and it’s a very good earner as an add on .we have the skyvac camera it’s not great but good enough to see what is in there .

Back