Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X-line pump continually Hising sound

Hi 

It doesn't come to come to a stop like a usual SHURflo pump it just continues to self circulated releasing pressure with an air sound obviously it's running all the time and not turning off which is not good

Hi 

It doesn't come to come to a stop like a usual SHURflo pump it just continues to self circulated releasing pressure with an air sound obviously it's running all the time and not turning off which is not good
Firstly, what controller are you using?

There are only Spring controllers (under rebadged suppliers names) that have an electronic pressure switch activated by current draw by the motor.

There is a pressure switch in the head of the Shurflo pump which is set at the factory to manually cut the pump at 100psi. When they go they usually burn the contacts away so no current passes through and the pump doesn't work at all. There is the possibility that the contacts in the microswitch have burnt and fused together. In the early days before controllers with calibration the contacts of my pumps always failed and stopped the pump.

Xline sell Spring controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 

Faulty pressure switch or worn diaphragm? 

Firstly, what controller are you using?

There are only Spring controllers (under rebadged suppliers names) that have an electronic pressure switch activated by current draw by the motor.

There is a pressure switch in the head of the Shurflo pump which is set at the factory to manually cut the pump at 100psi. When they go they usually burn the contacts away so no current passes through and the pump doesn't work at all. There is the possibility that the contacts in the microswitch have burnt and fused together. In the early days before controllers with calibration the contacts of my pumps always failed and stopped the pump.

Xline sell Spring controllers.
It's brand new they also replace the previous one because it had the same problem I'm using the common switch.

Do you need any further information

I assume you haven't got an air leak have you? Maybe the inlet to the pump is able to suck air in?

I assume you have recalibrated the dead end point? Squeeky Clean Dave did a youtube vid explaining recalibration.

I assume you haven't got an air leak have you? Maybe the inlet to the pump is able to suck air in?

I assume you have recalibrated the dead end point? Squeeky Clean Dave did a youtube vid explaining recalibration.
No leak of air no. These pumps have a self circulating thing or something. So it can't blow your connections yes I have calibrated it I have seen that video couple of times I will know how to calibrate the pumps but no joy apparently I need to turn the underneath of the pump with 1 mm allen key half a turn clockwise. This should help it still works but it's constantly running and it's quite annoying but mostly there's no problems with these pumps. I have the last one replaced it could be something to do with position of the reels and this pump doesn't get on.

Just to help you explain things with clarity in the future this is a flow controller and not a switch. Helps others helps you also 
I meant to say controller. These pumps are a different design to the standard surflow they dont have a pressure switch. I think its rare that they have the on going hissing sound . It's meant to his slightly to a stop once you calibrate them. Anyone who has one will know.

I meant to say controller. These pumps are a different design to the standard surflow they dont have a pressure switch. I think its rare that they have the on going hissing sound . It's meant to his slightly to a stop once you calibrate them. Anyone who has one will know.
Have you rang Xline mate?

Back