Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battle of the batteries

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good evening fellow windies. 
I’m in the market for a new battery. Done a bit of research on here and the two pictured below seems to be the favourites.

Question is, which one, or is there another out there you would recommend?

I’m not worried about price as I want the best. Some help from you guys who know your electrics, amps, volts etc would be appreciated. 
Thank you in advance ??‍?

25ECA3ED-4111-44BA-B5C5-65EB3C656203.png

741AB647-78D6-45F6-8485-315E6508512D.jpeg

steve garwood said:
I’m in the market for a new battery. Done a bit of research on here and the two pictured below seems to be the favourites.

I’m not worried about price as I want the best. Some help from you guys who know your electrics, amps, volts etc would be appreciated. 

25ECA3ED-4111-44BA-B5C5-65EB3C656203.png

741AB647-78D6-45F6-8485-315E6508512D.jpeg
And some links of the best places to order would be great ?

Just had a quick look at specs:

numax xv31mf 105Ah 24kg

exide leisure er550 115Ah  27.7kg

Purely on the basis that the Exide is 3.7kg heavier I would go with that one. 

If you correct the weight for the difference in capacity then an Exide with a capacity of 105Ah it would weigh 25.3kg - so a little heavier than the Numax.

The lead is probably the most expensive part of the battery. So a heavier battery should mean thicker plates so better.

Just had a quick look at specs:

numax xv31mf 105Ah 24kg

exide leisure er550 115Ah  27.7kg

Purely on the basis that the Exide is 3.7kg heavier I would go with that one. 

If you correct the weight for the difference in capacity then an Exide with a capacity of 105Ah it would weigh 25.3kg - so a little heavier than the Numax.

The lead is probably the most expensive part of the battery. So a heavier battery should mean thicker plates so better.
Just looking at the prices for that Exide one.

Europarts £260!!

Ebay £94 

WTF!

View attachment 22711

View attachment 22712

From my nearly seven years experience with leisure batteries, I can very highly recommend the Numax 120 AH XV35MF. The published weight is 25.5kg. I believe they are of an advanced plate type so maybe that reduced the weight slightly. I can't say.

I got mine from a caravan centre near me, purely for the ability to return them personally if there were any problems. I use two, in parallel. I haven't had any issues at all. I had a quick look online and Go Batteries are advertising them for £127.49 Inc vat, about £10 for delivery. I'd always prefer to buy locally if possible, just incase.

From my nearly seven years experience with leisure batteries, I can very highly recommend the Numax 120 AH XV35MF. The published weight is 25.5kg. I believe they are of an advanced plate type so maybe that reduced the weight slightly. I can't say.

I got mine from a caravan centre near me, purely for the ability to return them personally if there were any problems. I use two, in parallel. I haven't had any issues at all. I had a quick look online and Go Batteries are advertising them for £127.49 Inc vat, about £10 for delivery. I'd always prefer to buy locally if possible, just incase.
Edit : I just had another look and the advertised weight is 28.3 kg. The previous weight I quoted was on adifferent site but out of stock. Things are very rarelly as straight forward as they should be. ?

View attachment 22711

View attachment 22712

Numax, Exide are pants 

Had my current battery 18 months. Trojan deep cycle 110amp bought from Tanya.

Gets charged every evening using a Numax smart charger. 
No electric reels, connectors taken off the terminals each evening

At the start of the day, 13.0 or 12.9, by the end of the day 12.2 or 12.3 and the water ebbs and flows.

Not the first battery I’ve had that’s done this and I read on here peoples batteries lasting 4-5 years 

I know everyone will say it’s under warranty etc, but it’s bugging me why I’m getting such short life out of my batteries ??

Back