Temporary Van Lighting

scottish cleaning service

5 minutes ago, Scots lad said:

Are they usb charged?

Aye I hope so. Bought a few small ones for £11 and I was mightily impressed with them. Another thing which is a must have is a 4 in one charger, I'll post a link down below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FC48VYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20 minutes ago, Scots lad said:

If its off USB charge using cigarette lighter

22 minutes ago, Scots lad said:

If its off USB charge using cigarette lighter

Aye I think they are. Bought a few £20 10 watt portable battery lights from toolstation, can last 4hrs and be charged from cigarette lighter or main.

https://www.toolstation.com/zinc-rechargeable-work-light-ip65/p83731

1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077FXBRHR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decided to buy a magnetic battery light bar for the back of my van. The above one lasts 3hrs before i need to charge it, should do the trick, i hope.

These are rubbish. Not that bright. Your better off with a machine mart or sealey bonnet engine bay led light stick or a rechargeable 5w led worklight 

On 09/12/2020 at 21:47, Apw1210 said:

These are rubbish. Not that bright. Your better off with a machine mart or sealey bonnet engine bay led light stick or a rechargeable 5w led worklight 

Don't know what you are talking about, mine arrived today and magnetic strip is stuck on roof bar. Its that good I bought another 4 of them so I can have one at each end and one in the middle. They last 3hrs before charging and can be removed and stuck to anything metal. Will give update later on. 😉

1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Its that good I bought another 4 of them so I can have one at each end and one in the middle

So they are that good you need 3 (£75) to light up your van interior - How big is your van??????? 🤣

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

So they are that good you need 3 (£75) to light up your van interior - How big is your van??????? 🤣

£25 each and I will have 5 of these beauties. Managed to spend 30mins in van tonight sorting it out for tomorrow. My work changes by the day. Today was a powerwash job on a driveway. Tomorrow its windows and a conny roof clean in afternoon. Sunday's job is picking up bags of clay for a windy customer. I like to see my van working everyday to pay the bills. Got a big service on the van next month ( timing belt again ) and mot so I'm looking at £500, I guess. 😉 

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

coming tomorrow, my life is getting brighter by the day, running out of things to spend my money on, even thinking about @Pjj and getting a new van rather than giving to the Tax person. 😆😷😆

It’s an awesome van go on and get one 

• Like 1

All I've ever used to illuminate the insides of my vans is 2x led 12v lights.

One positioned on the roof rib behind the bulkhead and one on the rear roof rib above the doors.

They both fully illuminate to inside of the van to near daylight and are both low cost and reliable 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOWLED-Flood-Driving-Light-Truck/dp/B012I6QWRI/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=12v+led+work+light&qid=1607805047&quartzVehicle=4015-1880&replacementKeywords=12v+led+light&sr=8-8

51 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

All I've ever used to illuminate the insides of my vans is 2x led 12v lights.

One positioned on the roof rib behind the bulkhead and one on the rear roof rib above the doors.

They both fully illuminate to inside of the van to near daylight and are both low cost and reliable 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOWLED-Flood-Driving-Light-Truck/dp/B012I6QWRI/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=12v+led+work+light&qid=1607805047&quartzVehicle=4015-1880&replacementKeywords=12v+led+light&sr=8-8

Did you comment on the one I bought but you have never used it?

24 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Did you comment on the one I bought but you have never used it?

Yes I tried them in  camper conversion and wasn't impressed. Over priced and the led chipsets died not long after installation due to humidity and moisture 

I dont understand a need for all these lights in your van....

I have just the one factory fitted light in the back of my van and its super bright....if I need any more light I either use my phone or a heavy duty torch I bought for a tenner years ago....

Son and I rarely need to see inside our van after dark. We have two magnetic type mechanic's led lights (one at each of the two workstations) for if we do need to see in after dark. Total cost from memory, I think was around £20. I check that they're working now and then as a matter of keeping stuff up together. But I can't remember the last time we actually needed them.

4 hours ago, dazmond said:

I dont understand a need for all these lights in your van....

Yep! If you're loitering in the back of your van you aint earning. 😲  Says the man with a pretty decent LED light in the back of his T4. 😆