Jump to content

Whirlaway rotary surface cleaner


Tutster

Recommended Posts

Hi all I recently purchased the

20 inch  whirlaway rotary surface cleaner I'm running this off the Honda gx390 I'm sure its 18 litre per min I'm using this with the pre fitted jets what came with it  my personal opinion is they are rubbish it seems to be very slow and the Finish needs to be redone with a spinning head so my question to you is can this rotary surface cleaner be improved  say for example replacing the jets what came fitted it's that poor in performance it even struggling to break weeds down it's probably 3 times faster jetting it and absolutely useless on blocked paving any guidance would be very welcome cheers all 

Link to post
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • #Clean

    14

  • Tutster

    13

  • Pjj

    10

  • ched999uk

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I understand if max pressure is say 250Bar 15 lpm then for a fsc 2 jets of 020  as you half the flow rate for each jet. Info here http://www.pressure-washing.co.uk/nozzle-chart.php 

He doesn’t state wether it was bought as a package or separate it sounds separate  to me , also as far as Ime aware the only lim output fir Honda gx390 is either 15 or 21 ltr per muinit , not 18 , the

Remember that the machine gives out X litres per min. If that goes through a smaller jet then it has to increase the pressure as the same volume of water should flow out in the same time period. OK so

Posted Images

The jets that came with it would have been sized based on the machine being used, so as an easy example - you need an 06 on the lance, that will be split to two 03.

They are specific for a reason - to allow the correct PSI from the pump and onto the surface.

If you reduce the size of the outlet you're trapping pressure, some of it will force itself through the nozzle but some will be trapped - long term not a good practise. Again they are sized for the machine capacity.

I've got a 30 inch flat surface cleaner, on a 41 lpm machine, a lot of the time it gets the job done but I need to make two passes sometimes.

They are not made to pull weeds out and clumps of grass & moss.

Weeds and moss of the size that won't come out with a FSC will not be where day to day walking occurs, if you're on residential - in the corners and edges of drives & paths

At the PSI & flow you have that is the trade off but it is about using all of your equipment and a lot of the time the answer will be the turbo nozzle.

It's not the machine or Whirlaway (know of someone, worked side by side with him last week and he used a Whirlaway on a storefront, it might have been larger nozzles but he was flying along (not many weeds on a supermarket frontage though - get round the back and it's a different story), they've been set up for your machine and are not the problem.

Get on the turbo nozzle for the weeds with 'attitude'.

All the best.

Link to post
17 hours ago, Tutster said:

Hi all I recently purchased the

20 inch  whirlaway rotary surface cleaner I'm running this off the Honda gx390 I'm sure its 18 litre per min I'm using this with the pre fitted jets what came with it  my personal opinion is they are rubbish it seems to be very slow and the Finish needs to be redone with a spinning head so my question to you is can this rotary surface cleaner be improved  say for example replacing the jets what came fitted it's that poor in performance it even struggling to break weeds down it's probably 3 times faster jetting it and absolutely useless on blocked paving any guidance would be very welcome cheers all 

It’s not jetted to you machine we use fsc all the time it’s fast and does  an excellent job with just one pass 21ltr and 275 bar 

Link to post

If it's been bought as a package that would be a poor show from the supplier but as a separate purchase then possibly yes or he could just be trying to cut through foliage that needs a strimmer.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, #Clean said:

If it's been bought as a package that would be a poor show from the supplier but as a separate purchase then possibly yes or he could just be trying to cut through foliage that needs a strimmer.

He doesn’t state wether it was bought as a package or separate it sounds separate  to me , also as far as Ime aware the only lim output fir Honda gx390 is either 15 or 21 ltr per muinit , not 18 , the 21 ltr is a bit of a mis homer as talking to a couple of suppliers they admit the 390 Honda isn’t man enough to produce enough power to pump 21 ltr per muinit , having had several Honda ones I would agree with that , I now have a Briggs and Stratton v twin that’s rated at 21 ltr per muinit but on full throttle will produce 23 ltr . Honda is nice but the Briggs is a far superior machine , more power, uses far less fuel , and much quieter 

  • Like 2
Link to post

I bought these seperate I've had the Honda gx390 for around 5 years. now that you've mentioned it I think it might be 15ltr per minute I've always used a gun with the turbo but I recently had 2  tennis courts to clean so I purchased the whirlaway thinking it would speed the job up  but it really struggled to get the dirt out it seemed very sluggish that's why I was thinking the jets where probably the wrong size/or flow rate for my machine

I ended up reverting back to the turbo instead problem now is they want me to go clean 3 more tennis courts lol  it's a massive area for my little machine and my gun 😂

Cheers all 

Edited by Tutster
Link to post
21 hours ago, Tutster said:

Hi all I recently purchased the

20 inch  whirlaway rotary surface cleaner I'm running this off the Honda gx390 I'm sure its 18 litre per min I'm using this with the pre fitted jets what came with it  my personal opinion is they are rubbish it seems to be very slow and the Finish needs to be redone with a spinning head so my question to you is can this rotary surface cleaner be improved  say for example replacing the jets what came fitted it's that poor in performance it even struggling to break weeds down it's probably 3 times faster jetting it and absolutely useless on blocked paving any guidance would be very welcome cheers all 

Does it not have a pressure regulator built into the spindle boss with a hex allen key adjustable preset 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Tutster said:

I bought these seperate I've had the Honda gx390 for around 5 years. now that you've mentioned it I think it might be 15ltr per minute I've always used a gun with the turbo but I recently had 2  tennis courts to clean so I purchased the whirlaway thinking it would speed the job up  but it really struggled to get the dirt out it seemed very sluggish that's why I was thinking the jets where probably the wrong size/or flow rate for my machine

I ended up reverting back to the turbo instead problem now is they want me to go clean 3 more tennis courts lol  it's a massive area for my little machine and my gun 😂

Cheers all 

To be honest a 21 ltr machine is much better 15 ltr is really the minimum and again Ime guessing that it’s not jetted right , we find fsc works really well on most surfaces 

Link to post

I have been in touch with the company who supplied me with whirlaway this is their standard set up what came in their reply (picture attached) so my thinking is mine only delivers 15ltr per minute so the jets fitted need to be changed but to which ones though !!  help 😂😂

 

I really do appreciate your input and help cheers all 

20201211_092042.png

Link to post
14 hours ago, #Clean said:

Bit easier to read-

 

nozzle_chart.thumb.jpg.98e44e1199146c5c90ecb68464f290ec.jpg

So look on the chart, your machine bar pressure across the top.

Look down the column underneath your bar pressure in the yellow to your flow rate

Go across to the green column and their is your nozzle size

Edited by #Clean
Link to post
1 hour ago, #Clean said:

Yes it looks more or less the same I've  had it for around 5 years never let me down its very reliable but think it's maybe time to invest in something with  a bit more flow rate 

Link to post
On 11/12/2020 at 11:43, #Clean said:

No I wasn't judging it. Just so we could get the right nozzles sorted.

No i didn't mean it like that lol 😁I really appreciate your help my jobs seem to be getting bigger and it's hard work working with a gun all the time I bought this whirlaway what's basically only had a couple of outings but I needed to know if it's performance could be improved and that's why I asked the question and you've all given me some great advice I looked at your chart and I have come up with the 045 jets am I right or have I done it wrong haha 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.