Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips on getting rid of problem customers

Shaun70

Morning! 

I have 3 customers that I just want to get rid of. Issues such as: dog mess where I need to stand or regularly saying "not this time" or getting very abrupt texts from them or gate often locked despite texting the night before.

All other customers are just fine but these 3 really grind on me every month and want to get shut.

Do you text and what do you say while remaining professional ( I know what I want to text but wouldn't be good for my business lol!!) Or do you phone them or just not turn up? Tips please cheers.

Morning! 

I have 3 customers that I just want to get rid of. Issues such as: dog mess where I need to stand or regularly saying "not this time" or getting very abrupt texts from them or gate often locked despite texting the night before.

All other customers are just fine but these 3 really grind on me every month and want to get shut.

Do you text and what do you say while remaining professional ( I know what I want to text but wouldn't be good for my business lol!!) Or do you phone them or just not turn up? Tips please cheers.
I think I read on another post, put their pice up and let them say no thanks!

Explain in a text to them the very reason you are no longer willing to provide a service for them, dog ? is totally unacceptable they wouldn't go to work in an office and expect to deal with filth and germs so we don't have to. 

Hi, just contacting you to let you know I am now removing you from my rounds the continuing issue with dog muck in your garden is totally unacceptable and a health risk to me.
                                                                          Best Regards, No Longer your window cleaner

Hi, Just to let you know I have now removed you from my rounds due to abrupt texts which come across rude, I believe in good manners and mutual respect which we don't have. 
                                                                                Sayonara

Explain in a text to them the very reason you are no longer willing to provide a service for them, dog ? is totally unacceptable they wouldn't go to work in an office and expect to deal with filth and germs so we don't have to. 

Hi, just contacting you to let you know I am now removing you from my rounds the continuing issue with dog muck in your garden is totally unacceptable and a health risk to me.
                                                                          Best Regards, No Longer your window cleaner

Hi, Just to let you know I have now removed you from my rounds due to abrupt texts which come across rude, I believe in good manners and mutual respect which we don't have. 
                                                                                Sayonara

Like the ending of the first one "best regards,no longer your window cleaner" just had me and the mrs laughing with that one! ?

Morning! 

I wouldn't worry about it, there are lots of other window cleaners who will replace you.  They are the type of people that probably don't give a toss about the window cleaner but by being honest about why your dropping them. It might just make it easier on the next windy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don’t go back if people mess me about. I’ve only dumped a handful, bad payers or the leave it this time brigade. These type of people will move on and mess the next windie about so not worth communicating with in my eyes.

I just don’t go back if people mess me about. I’ve only dumped a handful, bad payers or the leave it this time brigade. These type of people will move on and mess the next windie about so not worth communicating with in my eyes.
One of them is stalking me, texting n left ans machine messages so wanted these tips on getting shut so I can deal with it n get them off my case as professionally as poss. ?

One of them is stalking me, texting n left ans machine messages so wanted these tips on getting shut so I can deal with it n get them off my case as professionally as poss. ?
I’d just text them tell them exactly why. No need to be rude just be the bigger man and stay professional that way they have no grounds to run you down on any of your social media (if you have any) or go round telling the neighbours you were rude to them. 

Matt-s said:
I’d just text them tell them exactly why. No need to be rude just be the bigger man and stay professional that way they have no grounds to run you down on any of your social media (if you have any) or go round telling the neighbours you were rude to them. 
Not suggesting you might be rude btw ?

its a cop and puss out but i send them a proper letter properly stamped through mail (headed business paper etc)  you dont have to talk to them direct, YOU are telling them how it is.  They still think they've done nothing wrong.  Rightly or wrongly, saying something that will possibly pi$$ off or annoy the customer  if you call them out on their problems, they can NEVER do wrong in their own eyes.  It CAN and OFTEN DOES leads to bad reviews against you which your always best to avoid if you can

" Dear XXXXXXXXX

I am writing with regard to your ongoing window cleaning

I have recently won a large contract working for the local authority and as a result I now have to end a large proportion of my domestic work

Many thanks for you custom, this past year(s).

If you pop a post on your local FaceBook group “Services for XXXXXX” somebody should be able to recommend you another cleaner to help you out 

Best regards 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX "

for a job that comes in via email or facebook and red flags are set off early doors and i dont wish to take them on, i reply with 

"Hi XXXXX

Thanks for the XXXXX earlier.    To be totally fair, I'm full up these days

I have not long bought a retiring cleaners round in my hometown (XXXXX) and added to my own existing work now have more than enough work for one man to handle. Sorry i have not got round to updating the website/FaceBook page as of yet 

Best regards 

XXXXXX   

PS if you pop a post on your local FaceBook group "Services for XXXXXX " i'm sure someone will be able to recommend another cleaner to help you out

Just cancel it on cleaner planner and forget all about it, out of the probably 100’s I’ve dumped over the years only one or two have ever contacted me too see where I’d gone. They usually know they’re a pain in the ****.

Morning! 

Be honest and straight forward with the people you need to dismiss from your round. No one can fault you if you have a legitimate reason for dropping the account.

Back