Jump to content

Christmas decorations


Blackbird1137

Recommended Posts

Anybody else finding Christmas decorations are getting to be a pain in the backside? Lights and God knows what else dangling from gutters, reindeer and sleighs on flat and sloping roofs, wreaths and now bloody great bows covering front doors, and Santas, snowmen and other assorted seasonal detritus and wiring on front gardens - it's like a minefield! Bah Humbug!

Link to post
5 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

My annual Christmas gag.

I saw one of Santa’s little helpers holding up an I phone in front of his face yesterday.

I think he was taking an elfie 😩

Ho!Ho!Ho!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Blackbird1137 said:

Anybody else finding Christmas decorations are getting to be a pain in the backside? Lights and God knows what else dangling from gutters, reindeer and sleighs on flat and sloping roofs, wreaths and now bloody great bows covering front doors, and Santas, snowmen and other assorted seasonal detritus and wiring on front gardens - it's like a minefield! Bah Humbug!

It's Christmas mate. Same old stuff every year. They are your customers and a percentage of your income. You either work with it or lose it 

Link to post
13 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

My annual Christmas gag.

I saw one of Santa’s little helpers holding up an I phone in front of his face yesterday.

I think he was taking an elfie 😩

I'm having my first pints in 6 weeks, Rose & Mango in Newmarket, and even after 8 Cobras I'm struggling with that one. 

20201213_173322.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

It's Christmas mate. Same old stuff every year. They are your customers and a percentage of your income. You either work with it or lose it 

What I meant was, it seems to be a lot worse this year. Tongue in cheek anyway!

Link to post

Yes I agree. It seems a lot more people are decorating outside this year than previous years.

I just clean as best I can. If I were to get a complaint I’d just say sorry but your decorations prevented me from doing any better.

I use to hold wreathes on doors with one hand while doing the best I can one handed with the pole. Then I did it once on an expensive hand made wreath and the thing fell apart in my hand. Customer wasn’t impressed.  Now I just clean round them as just not worth the risk

  • Agree 2
Link to post

I found it annoying at first, now I realised it just means you can skip most of the door, great! 

The lights dangling at the tops of windows are a pain though as they keep catching on the first clamp. 

Also the virtually invisible wires stretched across the lawn are a nightmare! 

Link to post

A personal favourite is the power cables exiting the bottom of uPVC sash windows to feed the gigawatt of festive lights and leaving a nice little gap for our water to get into the house. 🤔

Edited by Martyn
Typo
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.