Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas decorations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Blackbird1137

Anybody else finding Christmas decorations are getting to be a pain in the backside? Lights and God knows what else dangling from gutters, reindeer and sleighs on flat and sloping roofs, wreaths and now bloody great bows covering front doors, and Santas, snowmen and other assorted seasonal detritus and wiring on front gardens - it's like a minefield! Bah Humbug!

Anybody else finding Christmas decorations are getting to be a pain in the backside? Lights and God knows what else dangling from gutters, reindeer and sleighs on flat and sloping roofs, wreaths and now bloody great bows covering front doors, and Santas, snowmen and other assorted seasonal detritus and wiring on front gardens - it's like a minefield! Bah Humbug!
It's Christmas mate. Same old stuff every year. They are your customers and a percentage of your income. You either work with it or lose it 

Yes I agree. It seems a lot more people are decorating outside this year than previous years.

I just clean as best I can. If I were to get a complaint I’d just say sorry but your decorations prevented me from doing any better.

I use to hold wreathes on doors with one hand while doing the best I can one handed with the pole. Then I did it once on an expensive hand made wreath and the thing fell apart in my hand. Customer wasn’t impressed.  Now I just clean round them as just not worth the risk

I found it annoying at first, now I realised it just means you can skip most of the door, great! 

The lights dangling at the tops of windows are a pain though as they keep catching on the first clamp. 

Also the virtually invisible wires stretched across the lawn are a nightmare! 

A personal favourite is the power cables exiting the bottom of uPVC sash windows to feed the gigawatt of festive lights and leaving a nice little gap for our water to get into the house. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back