Stiff clutch and knee pain

South coast Callum

South coast Callum

Evening folks, I've had my LDV maxus for nearly 5 years now ( fantastically good old van ) but the clutch is and has always been stiff to press and I don't believe there's a fault with the van. So what I would like to know is how stiff is yours!? I have up to 7k to spend on an upgraded van for my 650l tank ( would love an auto but limited choices? ) Any thoughts? Cheers 

35 minutes ago, South coast Callum said:

Evening folks, I've had my LDV maxus for nearly 5 years now ( fantastically good old van ) but the clutch is and has always been stiff to press and I don't believe there's a fault with the van. So what I would like to know is how stiff is yours!? I have up to 7k to spend on an upgraded van for my 650l tank ( would love an auto but limited choices? ) Any thoughts? Cheers 

It's an LDV mate. Made from tin foil panels and awful body design however the engines were quite good.

Has your adjuster ceased, they often do pose problems 

20 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

It's an LDV mate. Made from tin foil panels and awful body design however the engines were quite good.

Has your adjuster ceased, they often do pose problems 

It sounds like the clutch is knackered the fingers in the housing go in and go stiff as the clutch plate wares 

South coast Callum

Thanks lads I'll have a look into what you gave said regarding the clutch, thinking about a change of van anyway as I call my maxus the rattle can lol it's just unstoppable though so hard to get rid

There is a shortage of decent second hand vans at the moment , I would try and hang on if you can hopefully over the next few months there might be a better choice as firms start down sizing there fleets I have Hurd roomers that BT and the water companies are looking at getting rid of quite a few vans so that might be an option 

• Agree 1