Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fibre glass ladders

Chris33

Hi guys. Have a friend who isn't on here and does some repair jobs. Is looking at fibre glass ladders for lightness it seems..

I don't know anything about them so thought I would ask on here

Fibreglass ladders are for  electricians , they are generally step ladders rather than ladders , they don’t feel very stable in use from my experience but I am 18 stone ??, they are also easily damaged , a traditional alloy ladder would probably serve you better .

Hi guys. Have a friend who isn't on here and does some repair jobs. Is looking at fibre glass ladders for lightness it seems..

I don't know anything about them so thought I would ask on here
Non conducive and hate being used outdoors in damp conditions as the feet gradually soak up moisture and the lamination explodes 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fibreglass ladders are for  electricians , they are generally step ladders rather than ladders , they don’t feel very stable in use from my experience but I am 18 stone ??, they are also easily damaged , a traditional alloy ladder would probably serve you better .
Thanks pjj I'll say to him. Sure he's been riddled with back problems and was also considering a pulley type ladder 

Thanks pjj I'll say to him. Sure he's been riddled with back problems and was also considering a pulley type ladder 
If your friend is riddled with back problems it's worrying enough, But trying to erect and lift a ladder into place will not help him.

Without sounding harsh it's an accident waiting to happen.

If he's on the ladder at height and over reaches to clean a window and strains his back, Is he going to react in agony and jump with the pain while losing his footing in the ladder

Back