Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses can you clean?

ShaunWilliams97

Hey guys, 

Recently started a traditional window cleaning business, got the hang of things but finding my only issue to be my speed. I have looked at tips/methods on how to be the quickest window cleaner I can be but just finding it hard to get any faster.

I am a one man team and I pride myself on doing a top job, cleaning the frames, sills etc etc..

At the moment I am averaging around 8-10 houses per day, most of which are full cleans on 3 bed semis.

Just wondering what you guys are able to do as one person in a day doing them sorts of houses and when did you start to speed up etc

I appreciate the replies in advance

8-10 3 bed semis is pretty reasonable, especially if there’s a bit of travelling and 1 or 2 new ones. 
Compact work is a big key to speeding up, when you can do 2/3/4+ from one stop. 
The rest will come with time, placing the ladder will become second nature, the frames stay cleaner on your regulars, your technique will improve slowly so you hardly detail the glass etc etc.

Hey guys, 

Recently started a traditional window cleaning business, got the hang of things but finding my only issue to be my speed. I have looked at tips/methods on how to be the quickest window cleaner I can be but just finding it hard to get any faster.

I am a one man team and I pride myself on doing a top job, cleaning the frames, sills etc etc..

At the moment I am averaging around 8-10 houses per day, most of which are full cleans on 3 bed semis.

Just wondering what you guys are able to do as one person in a day doing them sorts of houses and when did you start to speed up etc

Lose the thought of being the quickest and be the best

Speed will not do you any favours this early on. It's taken me 10 years to be able to forfill a round with a high quality of finish.

Speed is the seed of accidents 

Hey guys, 

It all depends on the number of windows , size of then , how dirty they are type of dirt , do you clean the frames or just glass , easy access or difficult ,number of ladder moves , no two jobs are the same and no two window cleaners work at the same speed , just be happy with what you do and try and increase speed with time , first cleans will always take longer .

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends if you are doing the frames as you are trad and how much work you are putting into first cleans, if you are putting a fair amount of graft into them then that's a decent number, 

Moving forward you should manage more, but I am guessing you are a newbie so speed will come with time, never rush a job get your technique right and in time you will be flying through them, but stay cautious on the ladder and never take risks just for a window. 

Hey guys, 

So how you getting on with your work load, you getting any quicker it's been some time since you started the thread.

I can clean around 20 windows an hour roughly. Any where between 12 - 20 properties a day depending on size type etc. (Trad)
That's a decent speed if your just cruising through your day.

Myself trad domestic work I do 20 windows in 25-30mins. Commercial/storefront trad i do about 50 windows a hour.

Only thing I would add, and I say this only from my own experience, and not referencing others, as much as I can clean some windows in a minute (trad) I try to base my pricing and targets on an easily achievable speed. We all get older, and it only gets harder, so expecting too much from yourself physically can be a long term disaster for your business.

I have been cleaning windows for a while, and its not as easy as it was when I was 22 just starting out, if I was expected to clean 40 windows an hour (trad or wfp), I would quit, sack that 8 hours a day all week. If you want to work hard make more money, or finish early, no problem, that your choice, but set your prices at rate where you can make a living working at a comfortable pace not your top speed, one that allows for drive time, toilet/rest breaks,  downtime etc.

Only thing I would add, and I say this only from my own experience, and not referencing others, as much as I can clean some windows in a minute (trad) I try to base my pricing and targets on an easily achievable speed. We all get older, and it only gets harder, so expecting too much from yourself physically can be a long term disaster for your business.

I have been cleaning windows for a while, and its not as easy as it was when I was 22 just starting out, if I was expected to clean 40 windows an hour (trad or wfp), I would quit, sack that 8 hours a day all week. If you want to work hard make more money, or finish early, no problem, that your choice, but set your prices at rate where you can make a living working at a comfortable pace not your top speed, one that allows for drive time, toilet/rest breaks,  downtime etc.
I totally agree with you always work at a comfortable speed.

I'm 53 and up until this year I worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week to keep up with demand. 

That being said I sleep well, hit the gym 5 days a week and eat healthy. I spend every day with friends and family.. 

What i do for a living doesnt dictate who i am, for sure. ?

I got to say that only working a couple days a week 4-6hrs a day is nice now.

That's a decent speed if your just cruising through your day.

Myself trad domestic work I do 20 windows in 25-30mins. Commercial/storefront trad i do about 50 windows a hour.
@Rifwhat's the deal with the eye roll emoji??

Latest Posts

Back