Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GoPro Screen for real time stream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Got myself a go pro and gardiner go pro mounts - it’s ace and the vac footage is great. I have tried to use it using GoPro app to stream the cameras vision is real time. Problem is it’s cold and the app uses (afaik) a ton of phone battery. I had it working for a couple of mins before it died. 
I have thought about it and decided I need a dedicated steaming unit as i rely on my phone so heavily for my day today work having it burned out is not a good plan moving forward - does anyone have any good product suggestions for the small monitors that strap to poles to show GoPros vision? As always thanks in advance for any help ???

I think you are tied to using a mobile phone. The gopro uses wifi and creates an adhoc access point that a phone connects to and uses the app to display the images.

One thing you could do is get a rugged phone with a big battery like this sort of thing: 10,000mAh battery, 6GB, 128GB 6.3" rugged phone . That has a monster battery and is a good phone although it will be heavy!!! It's waterproof and can handle drops so much better than a standard phone. There are cheaper ones about with smaller batteries and not as much memory they start at about £110 with 8,000mAh battery 4Gb, 32Gb 5.5" screen 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Got myself a go pro and gardiner go pro mounts - it’s ace and the vac footage is great. I have tried to use it using GoPro app to stream the cameras vision is real time. Problem is it’s cold and the app uses (afaik) a ton of phone battery. I had it working for a couple of mins before it died. 
I have thought about it and decided I need a dedicated steaming unit as i rely on my phone so heavily for my day today work having it burned out is not a good plan moving forward - does anyone have any good product suggestions for the small monitors that strap to poles to show GoPros vision? As always thanks in advance for any help ???
I've got one Removu R1+

I'll share a tip for better streaming.. reduce your quality down, so for example it's normally 1080p super view 

Down to 240p zero buffing or freeze frame 

20201218_000617.jpg

20201218_000607.jpg

20201218_000604.jpg

I've got one Removu R1+

I'll share a tip for better streaming.. reduce your quality down, so for example it's normally 1080p super view 

Down to 240p zero buffing or freeze frame 

View attachment 22803

View attachment 22804

View attachment 22805
Thanks man that is exactly what i was looking for just my searches were giving me lots of GoPro sellers - also agree on the frame rate should make things a bit more stable.

How is the battery on your R1+ ? Have you used it in very cold conditions >?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man that is exactly what i was looking for just my searches were giving me lots of GoPro sellers - also agree on the frame rate should make things a bit more stable.

How is the battery on your R1+ ? Have you used it in very cold conditions >?
I've used them underwater and while in Norway with no noticeable difference.

I have a few of them and they haven't let me down yet. 

The Removu Cradle is an accessory which holds the screen and gives it the ability to mount using standard gopro fittings. My clamp is a modified Gopro tall crows foot adapted and affixed onto a stainless steel spring tool clip 

Latest Posts

Back