Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forgot how good it was.

Den

Being suffering with my shoulder again lately so dug out my old Gardiner proto-type extreme DuPont hybrid brush it’s a few years old now still in great  condition ? haven't used it for a few months but it’s now my good to brush again as the title suggests ?

@Alex Gardiner noticed you have released the extreme 35cm DuPont will you be bringing  the 26cm extreme DuPont out? 

Get 35cm, my daily brush for all jobs now ?
Being using the extreme 35cm mostly for the last couple of years brilliant brush I have always recommended it  Mine is the medium hybrid not the new 35cm DuPont ?

if your suffering from any aches and pains,injuries,etc then i recommend using an xtreme pole with a carbon gooseneck and standard xtreme brush....you just cant go any lighter and easier!

if your suffering from any aches and pains,injuries,etc then i recommend using an xtreme pole with a carbon gooseneck and standard xtreme brush....you just cant go any lighter and easier!
I use the extreme 18 and extreme brushes I’m tubless also that helps reduce weight being using the power reels since waterworks released them ? it’s an old injury from when I was a lad that flares up every now and then. 

Being suffering with my shoulder again lately so dug out my old Gardiner proto-type extreme DuPont hybrid brush it’s a few years old now still in great  condition ? haven't used it for a few months but it’s now my good to brush again as the title suggests ?

@Alex Gardiner noticed you have released the extreme 35cm DuPont will you be bringing  the 26cm extreme DuPont out? 
Hi Den

Not at this point - just have no more more warehouse space for extra brush range storage!

The other consideration is that the Xtreme 26cm is a fairly niche brush already and creating a second version of it would probably mean splitting those sales between the two making neither economic to produce ?

The reason we brought out the 35cm in DuPont was that during this year with material shortages we ran out of the white standard material, so it was either make them in the DuPont or not have them on the shelf for several more months. Being wider having the slightly softer feel DuPont material also seems to work well. So we will probably stick with the DuPont for the 35cm although the price will have to go up for the next batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Den

Not at this point - just have no more more warehouse space for extra brush range storage!

The other consideration is that the Xtreme 26cm is a fairly niche brush already and creating a second version of it would probably mean splitting those sales between the two making neither economic to produce ?

The reason we brought out the 35cm in DuPont was that during this year with material shortages we ran out of the white standard material, so it was either make them in the DuPont or not have them on the shelf for several more months. Being wider having the slightly softer feel DuPont material also seems to work well. So we will probably stick with the DuPont for the 35cm although the price will have to go up for the next batch.
Hello Alex.

thank you for the detailed reply makes total sense Can’t believe how much work the brush as done over the years and still in great shape, will be ordering  the 35cm DuPont thanks again.

Having used the 35cm DuPont Xtreme for a while now I did wonder whether the softer DuPont bristles might be too soft for the 26cm version as they splay really easily on the 35cm brush. 

I seem to be using the Xtreme 35 DuPont/Tapertech most of the time, occasionally the Ultimate 26 DuPont/Tapertech which I really like as well and an Xtreme 26 Flocked, which I cut down from a flocked sill brush for when I have a lot of leaded work to do.

Having used the 35cm DuPont Xtreme for a while now I did wonder whether the softer DuPont bristles might be too soft for the 26cm version as they splay really easily on the 35cm brush. 

I seem to be using the Xtreme 35 DuPont/Tapertech most of the time, occasionally the Ultimate 26 DuPont/Tapertech which I really like as well and an Xtreme 26 Flocked, which I cut down from a flocked sill brush for when I have a lot of leaded work to do.
Marko067  are you using fan jets? I have just  ordered 35cm DuPont extreme with 4 x 1.4mm pencils as that is my preferred choice for the 35cm brushes.

also you say it splays easy is there a big difference in splay from the old 35cm medium hybrid as I like that brush especially if you use a rinsebar as it doesn’t splay unless pushed quite hard. 

Marko067  are you using fan jets? I have just  ordered 35cm DuPont extreme with 4 x 1.4mm pencils as that is my preferred choice for the 35cm brushes.

also you say it splays easy is there a big difference in splay from the old 35cm medium hybrid as I like that brush especially if you use a rinsebar as it doesn’t splay unless pushed quite hard. 
I tried with 4x1.4mm pencils with my first 35cm Xtreme but just couldn't seem to get on with them. I think though, that is because I've been using fans for so long I've just gotten used to them.  So I just use two 100° fans in the end positions. I know this won't work for everyone due to window sizes worked on and techniques but it works well for me. As I use a swivel, if I can't cover the window with the brush in the horizontal position I swivel it to the vertical position and rinse that way, much the way HMAN demos in one of his videos. If I know I'm going to be doing a lot of small windows then I hang a 26cm brush on the trolley. Only takes seconds to change them over.

As for the DuPont bristles on the 35cm brush, Yes they splay much easier than the medium bristles, at least it seems that way to me.

I like both 35cm Xtreme brushes but my preference is the DuPont/Tapertech. I'm sure however, that some might find them too soft.

I tried with 4x1.4mm pencils with my first 35cm Xtreme but just couldn't seem to get on with them. I think though, that is because I've been using fans for so long I've just gotten used to them.  So I just use two 100° fans in the end positions. I know this won't work for everyone due to window sizes worked on and techniques but it works well for me. As I use a swivel, if I can't cover the window with the brush in the horizontal position I swivel it to the vertical position and rinse that way, much the way HMAN demos in one of his videos. If I know I'm going to be doing a lot of small windows then I hang a 26cm brush on the trolley. Only takes seconds to change them over.

As for the DuPont bristles on the 35cm brush, Yes they splay much easier than the medium bristles, at least it seems that way to me.

I like both 35cm Xtreme brushes but my preference is the DuPont/Tapertech. I'm sure however, that some might find them too soft.
Cheers mate always appreciate your input ? I really like the medium Xtreme 35cm with 4 x 1.4 pencils I prefer brushes that don’t splay too much but like the glide of DuPont if that makes sense. 

Recently my shoulder as been playing up again so started to use the extreme 26cm I know you have a 26cm DuPont extreme prototype the same as me it’s does splay a lot more than the medium tapertec version but I do prefer it. 

Cheers mate always appreciate your input ? I really like the medium Xtreme 35cm with 4 x 1.4 pencils I prefer brushes that don’t splay too much but like the glide of DuPont if that makes sense. 

Recently my shoulder as been playing up again so started to use the extreme 26cm I know you have a 26cm DuPont extreme prototype the same as me it’s does splay a lot more than the medium tapertec version but I do prefer it. 
Hi Den,

I don't have the brush anymore as I've switched entirely to the new jet capsule brushes. However, the DuPont version I had, had natural bristles in the centre which don't splay like the Tapertech bristles do. So they kind of supported the Dupont bristles and stopped them splaying too much. I wonder if having Tapertech bristles in the centre rows would give the same support on a 26cm Xtreme. My feeling is that they wouldn't. It wouldn't stop me trying one if Alex ever put one on the market though.

The Ultimate Dupont/Tapertech 26cm feels just right splaywise for a 26cm brush but I like the width of the 35cm Xtreme brush. 

These two brushes are my main brushes at the moment with my modified flocked Xtreme 26 being the third, although it only gets used for about 10% of my work.

Same as My extreme DuPont has natural inner bristles.

I do have the 26cm extreme medium with tapertec but have only used for Juliet bars so not really noticed the tapertec causes extra splay?

My son as used the ultimate DuPont with the natural inner bristles since they came out and still in good condition it’s his favourite brush was going to buy him a 35cm ultimate DuPont single trim but he said leave until 26cm one as worn out could be a while yet lol.

I have two extreme 35cm medium natural hybrid brushes that I will now use with the rinse-bar and when  I receive the new extreme 35cm DuPont will use with jets?

I personally only use the extreme brushes including both sills versions but have always preferred the 35cm.

only time the ultimate comes out is when I clean really delicate old leaded windows and first cleans then I use the flock. 

Thanks again for the info ?

@Marko067Just received and tried out the new 35cm extreme DuPont tapertec feels lovely ? got mine configured with four jets and low profile connectors weight only 196g 

15892371-BE01-4167-AEE6-79F51C1017C3.jpeg

Yeah, I’ve got a medium mixed one as well which is a nice brush, but the DuPont/TaperTec version is much nicer to use and quicker on regular cleans, for me anyway.

@Marko067Just received and tried out the new 35cm extreme DuPont tapertec feels lovely ? got mine configured with four jets and low profile connectors weight only 196g 

View attachment 22838
Hi @Den

was just wondering how you are getting on with the 35cm dupont/tapertec? 

I am thinking of buying one and it seems your brush preferences are very similar to my own ?

Cheers mate

Hi @Den

was just wondering how you are getting on with the 35cm dupont/tapertec? 

I am thinking of buying one and it seems your brush preferences are very similar to my own ?

Cheers mate
My main brush now 4 x 1.4 pencils jets lovely smooth glide like it a lot ? 

My main brush now 4 x 1.4 pencils jets lovely smooth glide like it a lot ? 
Thanks mate, 

Just seen its out of stock ?

Will have to decide to wait for it or go for single trim dupont ultimate ?

It is in situations like this I am reminded that window cleaning is far from a stress free job ?

Was going to order the 35cm single trim ultimate for my son but he said leave it for now, he has being using the original ultimate DuPont since release ? that is his favourite brush still in good condition.

Thanks mate, 

Just seen its out of stock ?

Will have to decide to wait for it or go for single trim dupont ultimate ?

It is in situations like this I am reminded that window cleaning is far from a stress free job ?
Probably more so for suppliers. ?

Back