Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's on tier 4?

Dave B

Staff member
Won't make any difference to work for us but who is now on tier 4 like me and had Christmas ruined.

Good job I've made a few litres of sloe gin lol.

Gonna be 11 days at home for me.

IMG-20201219-WA0019.jpeg

Won't make any difference to work for us but who is now on tier 4 like me and had Christmas ruined.

Good job I've made a few litres of sloe gin lol.

Gonna be 11 days at home for me.

Well its a good time to get all our gear in order. Was wanting to buy another Xtreme 18 pole and retape my old one but not surprisingly they are sold out. I will just have to get my act together and clear-out the garage, shed and build some more shelfs in my house. Looking forward to some time off as its been some year. ?

Well its a good time to get all our gear in order. Was wanting to buy another Xtreme 18 pole and retape my old one but not surprisingly they are sold out. I will just have to get my act together and clear-out the garage, shed and build some more shelfs in my house. Looking forward to some time off as its been some year. ?
I'm looking forward to emptying my beer fridge, drinking 3 litres of tanqueray export gin and 3 litres of sloe gin.

Gonna be fun.

Serious question, is tier 4 gonna make a difference to anyone? During the last 'lockdown' everything was the same. It appears the tier 4 restrictions are similar to the last lockdown. I was expecting quiet roads but it was like normal. Traffic jams etc were all the same. Even with businesses we hardly lost any work. Of our commercial clients we had to skip the local MP's office, one shop and a pub that we clean. I wonder if it was the same everywhere in the country or if everyone in Gloucestershire were just being ?️ends?

Serious question, is tier 4 gonna make a difference to anyone? During the last 'lockdown' everything was the same. It appears the tier 4 restrictions are similar to the last lockdown. I was expecting quiet roads but it was like normal. Traffic jams etc were all the same. Even with businesses we hardly lost any work. Of our commercial clients we had to skip the local MP's office, one shop and a pub that we clean. I wonder if it was the same everywhere in the country or if everyone in Gloucestershire were just being ?️ends?
? ends everywhere mate, it is no different it's been like a permanent lock down up here, but life goes on as normal for most people, along with the feckers who don't wear a mask and go about unchallenged and don't get me started on shop staff ???

? ends everywhere mate, it is no different it's been like a permanent lock down up here, but life goes on as normal for most people, along with the feckers who don't wear a mask and go about unchallenged and don't get me started on shop staff ???
I just keep my head down and keep myself to myself mate. It just doesn't make any sense, surely they can just look at the traffic and see people aren't complying the way they were in March. If people aren't complying I don't understand what more measures will do, people just won't comply with those either ?‍♂️

So many people keep using the phrase around here “yeah but we’re alright round here it’s more the big cities it’s a problem” with that attitude it’ll never get better.

And yeah a lot of younger ones/students  don’t where masks round here, and groups of 5 or 6 of them will walk around with crates of beers around Asda obviously going to some sort of house party ?

Down here in Kent, these past few weeks I have noticed traffic has been so much lighter with hardly anyone out.  Not many folks going out shopping, plenty of schools are closed and so forth.

I think people are now venturing out less because of the rising number of cases.  As we move into the last week leading up to Christmas, I suspect it will be like the first lockdown.  Schools are shut, shops are shut, no takeaways or anything. 

I suspect it will stay like this now until January, unless the Tier 4 is extended.

As for work, I only have 2 days this week and I will resort to getting my Costas at the machines in the petrol stations ?

My Christmas was ruined anyway with the 3 household rule in place previously so no change for me but at least I'll have my boys with me.

I just keep my head down and keep myself to myself mate. It just doesn't make any sense, surely they can just look at the traffic and see people aren't complying the way they were in March. If people aren't complying I don't understand what more measures will do, people just won't comply with those either ?‍♂️
You're right Sir,

martial law or something would be the only way, but people would be up in arms about any stricter measures and the conspiracy theorists and those that think it's all made up/don't give a ? about there fellow man will kick up a fuss on social media and have protests unmasked and then spread it even more,

just don't tell them the truth ? because they don't like and are too bleedin simple to comprehend anything outside their own little world. 

Similar in the East Midlands about the last lockdown being somewhat ignored as could not see difference in behaviour etc. We are all getting tired of the mixed and changing messages, orders, laws, If you happen not to catch the "latest Briefing" how do you know of a change?. Surely the Government should notify every household by post with the changes they constantly make (we would be getting a couple of letters a week if they did)

Similar in the East Midlands about the last lockdown being somewhat ignored as could not see difference in behaviour etc. We are all getting tired of the mixed and changing messages, orders, laws, If you happen not to catch the "latest Briefing" how do you know of a change?. Surely the Government should notify every household by post with the changes they constantly make (we would be getting a couple of letters a week if they did)
Nearly everyone is on social media and the councils post updates, those that don't do social media will buy a paper or catch the news at some point, 

The amount of times Doris has ballsed things up and changed his mind by the time letter #1 was delivered he would have changed his mind half a dozen times 

You're right Sir,

martial law or something would be the only way, but people would be up in arms about any stricter measures and the conspiracy theorists and those that think it's all made up/don't give a ? about there fellow man will kick up a fuss on social media and have protests unmasked and then spread it even more,

just don't tell them the truth ? because they don't like and are too bleedin simple to comprehend anything outside their own little world. 
I know Leicester has been in lockdown for Months and infection rates  are still high.........so why are most in the city not dead?. And surely all those tested positive all over the country are now immune as they have had it?

Nearly everyone is on social media and the councils post updates, those that don't do social media will buy a paper or catch the news at some point, 

The amount of times Doris has ballsed things up and changed his mind by the time letter #1 was delivered he would have changed his mind half a dozen times 
Exactly, one of the big problems is poor leadership and a Cabinet of "Career" politicians who could not run a bath let alone a Pandemic.

I know Leicester has been in lockdown for Months and infection rates  are still high.........so why are most in the city not dead?. And surely all those tested positive all over the country are now immune as they have had it?
I only believe some of what the government say and do not think that the experts know enough as yet, 

I also think they have lied about Greater London a population of around 9 million and all the pubs and restaurants were allowed to be open for months and now all of sudden almost in a week or so the tiers changed quickly and now they are in tier 4 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back