Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning inside of large greenhouse

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ShropsWindowCleaner

I’ve been asked to clean the inside of a large greenhouse. The sides obviously won’t present a problem, but how would I approach cleaning the inside of the roof? 

I use an SLX 22 for my normal work. Could i pole the inside?

Or would i need a large step ladder to clean the roof panels trad?

Any suggestions welcome! This is a first for me. 

F335AAC4-6602-448F-8BEB-B9D3B6CF5237.jpeg

D66BAE12-7017-4F53-9D64-6F707209C211.jpeg

DB38F1E2-11B5-4070-B6AE-D13004FDF7C4.jpeg

I’ve been asked to clean the inside of a large greenhouse. The sides obviously won’t present a problem, but how would I approach cleaning the inside of the roof? 

I use an SLX 22 for my normal work. Could i pole the inside?

Or would i need a large step ladder to clean the roof panels trad?

Any suggestions welcome! This is a first for me. 

View attachment 22815

View attachment 22816

View attachment 22817
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Very dangerous high risk old glass. That smashes your artery explodes game over 

Hi

I did a one the same last year. Reach and wash the lot. Inside and out, use a degreaser first lightly then rinse rinse and rinse some more. Make sure all tge plants are out or coverd. The one we did was big. No wonder they pay to get them cleaned though have you seen the price of the good ones. You can buy a flat in gateshead for the cost.

I'm amused that you think that's a big greenhouse, it's a tiddler. ? The panes of glass are large though so they are not going to be thin. It should be safe to do WFP but don't stand directly underneath the pane you are cleaning, if one were to break it would make mincemeat of you.

Cleaned that exact same greenhouse funnily enough. 
inside was pretty easy. 
used wfp and it took a couple of hours.

supreme brush was good to get around enough inc the frames etc. Stand to each side and you don’t get very wet either.

if it’s in a house in BA12 postcode then feel free to pm me and I’ll tell you what we charged as it could be the same house but the surroundings do look different. 

Must be a generic design I have cleaned one exactly the same a couple of time at a Hall private residence we done it WFP wear a rain hat haha.

I did the inside of one a while ago, they had already taken everything out, it was smaller than that one, i didn’t charge a lot as I didn’t know how it would come out, it came out ok but where the glass over laps I couldn’t get the grime out, but they were happy.
Do it on a cool day and wear waterproofs. 

I did the inside of one a while ago, they had already taken everything out, it was smaller than that one, i didn’t charge a lot as I didn’t know how it would come out, it came out ok but where the glass over laps I couldn’t get the grime out, but they were happy.
Do it on a cool day and wear waterproofs. 
If you spray them inside with a hypo mix that will run down between the overlap and kill off any algae it won’t wash it out but it does look a lot better 

If you spray them inside with a hypo mix that will run down between the overlap and kill off any algae it won’t wash it out but it does look a lot better 
I can't see any overlaps in the photo's, i don't think it's a traditionally glazed greenhouse.

What would you use for a hypo mix mate? Never used that before?
Just get  1 ltr of Tesco’s own cheap bleach put that in a backpack and either spray it on the glass or apply it through the pole leave it for  10-15 muinits scrub rinse job done , make sur you don’t get it on you and ware eye protection , we softwashing quite a few commercial green houses for nursery’s it kills off all the old spores and helps stop plant diseases laying dormant until the spring then infecting the new plants , if you are experienced in softwashing then buy commercial grade sodium hypochlorite, but if not just use the Tesco stuff it is safer . 

I clean this monster inside and out. WFP outside and tall steps inside. Seriously underestimated how long it would take.

Done it twice now. £200 will be added to the job, if they're ok with that it'll be a reasonable job, no more lucrative then the regular stuff but nice setting and good to park the van up and not have to drive around for a few days.

IMG_20201226_075821.jpg

I clean this monster inside and out. WFP outside and tall steps inside. Seriously underestimated how long it would take.

Done it twice now. £200 will be added to the job, if they're ok with that it'll be a reasonable job, no more lucrative then the regular stuff but nice setting and good to park the van up and not have to drive around for a few days.

View attachment 22855
I'd have to do that job in sections, couldn't possibly do inside in one go. You say it's a 2 day job! Is that half a day outside and 1 and a half in?

To assist fellow windies, what are the dimensions roughly.

I'd have to do that job in sections, couldn't possibly do inside in one go. You say it's a 2 day job! Is that half a day outside and 1 and a half in?

To assist fellow windies, what are the dimensions roughly.
It's not a 2 day job. The outside is between one and one and a half days, I blast over with the wfp connected to an outside tap and rinse with pure. The inside is 2 and a half days. It's all the bars that take so long, and on the outside there are sections where muck gets trapped and I need to blast away and flick it out.

Inside there is so much framing to wipe over, there are also two glass diving walls inside to be cleaned on both sides.

On the plus side, the tomatoes are the sweetest I've ever eaten and there's an orchard full of the best apples I've ever tasted. "Help yourself" was the message from the owner.

The house is fantastic, one of my best jobs £80 and takes just over an hour.

Greenhouse gets done twice a year.

Back