Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

number of houses a day is a good number??

ste wilford

Started canvasing, and wondering how many houses per hour/day is doable, yes i know im a newbie so will be slower then experienced cleaners, and yes Im aware quality is better then numbers, but curious. as been chatting to local window cleaner who does my street, He also does other towns and says his (lad) ie employee does 106 per day, (didn't say is was houses bungalows or what). but given he was doing a 3 bed cemi at the time, done trad, i know most houses are diff with window sizes and amount of windows, but to take an average size terrist 2 up and 2 down how many is reasonable once up to speed please?

Started canvasing, and wondering how many houses per hour/day is doable, yes i know im a newbie so will be slower then experienced cleaners, and yes Im aware quality is better then numbers, but curious. as been chatting to local window cleaner who does my street, He also does other towns and says his (lad) ie employee does 106 per day, (didn't say is was houses bungalows or what). but given he was doing a 3 bed cemi at the time, done trad, i know most houses are diff with window sizes and amount of windows, but to take an average size terrist 2 up and 2 down how many is reasonable once up to speed please?
106 Houses a Day , is he Cleaning Doll Houses or something,  He is having you on . I struggle with 6 decent size Houses ,  Yes I am a newbie still but he would have to be the Bolt of Window Cleaning , Mate my advice is do what you can , Don't rush as that's when Mistakes are made , Good luck with Everything .

What? Sticks 106 leaflets through letter boxes. Can't clean 106 houses per day. 

What? Sticks 106 leaflets through letter boxes. Can't clean 106 houses per day. 
Yeh just as I thought mate, if he had said 20-30 I'd poss believe him but was like there isnt enough time in the day to do that given the early nights etc, even if doing a really **** job, but had to ask as I havnt the experience yet to know roughly how may is poss

Yeh just as I thought mate, if he had said 20-30 I'd poss believe him but was like there isnt enough time in the day to do that given the early nights etc, even if doing a really **** job, but had to ask as I havnt the experience yet to know roughly how may is poss
Ask as many questions as you wish mate, 

You'll always get a response 

Varies a lot for me, I have a round where I can do 17-20 in a day, all £15-£20jobs

But then I have a round due, next week actually, where it takes two days, the smallest job there is £22.00, then a few £25s to £35s, then a couple of £45s and even a big £65 house as well. So on those days I might on do 6 or 7.

Number of houses is not important at all, it’s hourly rate/day rate that is. My best ever domestic earning day I only did 3 jobs. 2 big gutter clear & cleans on two houses then a big-ish window clean on another house. 

I'm invoking my right to remain silent.
At moment I do about 12 houses a day. All different sizes but no bigger than 5 bedroom detached. 12 for me is the figure I like to work around, when I start giving myself 15 houses a day for some reason I feel pressurised for the first 14 ??. But I also work the weekends doing Conny roofs and gutter cleans with skyvacs, so I try not to give myself anymore than 5-6 hours physical work Monday - Friday. What I also think people don't understand from the outside is they can say "wow you only work 6 hours".....this is not the case as sometimes can be getting messages from customers at 11pm, chasing payments, quoting, researching, buying gear, replacing filters and sorting van out etc etc. Yes it's a great job but don't be fooled by just thinking it's 5-6 hours....physical yes but if you include everything it's not .

The question ‘how many in a day?’ is simply to vague.

You could be cleaning small bungalows or enormous mansions.

I have one day where I only clean 3 houses. All massive detached, and all 3 are £80 each.

The question needs to be more specific 

Last edited by a moderator:
... What I also think people don't understand from the outside is they can say "wow you only work 6 hours".....this is not the case as sometimes can be getting messages from customers at 11pm, chasing payments, quoting, researching, buying gear, replacing filters and sorting van out etc etc. Yes it's a great job but don't be fooled by just thinking it's 5-6 hours....physical yes but if you include everything it's not. 
Plus 6 hrs of window cleaning is not equivalent to 6hrs of sitting around working on a computer. 

Plus 6 hrs of window cleaning is not equivalent to 6hrs of sitting around working on a computer. 
I think this argument is a double edged sword. I have always been an outside, prefer to work physical type of guy. I would hate to work 6 hours behind a computer and would find it harder than 6 hours physical work.  

I think this argument is a double edged sword. I have always been an outside, prefer to work physical type of guy. I would hate to work 6 hours behind a computer and would find it harder than 6 hours physical work.  
I've done both and physical work outside is obviously more tiring and the ability to do it over very long period, years, is hard on the body. It is however far less stressful and healthier, as long as you can handle the temperature variations of summer and winter work.

Latest Posts

Back