Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any of the London and southeast Boys

yeah, don't see why not. The new tier 4 lockdown is basically the same of what we had from the very first lockdown. I think our services will improve people's moral a bit

Legally, there is nothing to prohibit any form of travel in or out of Tier 4.  Legislation was brought in around 7am this morning and there is nothing about travelling in or out of tier 4.

Life continues as normal from a window cleaning perspective.  

Legally, there is nothing to prohibit any form of travel in or out of Tier 4.  Legislation was brought in around 7am this morning and there is nothing about travelling in or out of tier 4.

Life continues as normal from a window cleaning perspective.  
You cannot travel out of tier 3-4 for holidays but working for us is fine 

And yet I know of a fair few who've gone on abroad holidays in the last few weeks in our tier 3 area. The rules seem a bit pointless when there's no enforcement. 
My wife works for a  holiday letting company and had to go in today to start cancelling all holidays for ones living in tiers 3-4 some were fine about it others think they are still going to come down regardless and turn up at the holiday homes , they will be in for a shock if they do ????

You can also drive out of tier 4 into another tier simply to go for a walk or drive. But the media will tell you otherwise!
Don’t think so that’s not what .gov site says , but it is all very confusing and complicated 

You can go on holiday from Tier 3 as long as you travel straight to the airport.
A lot of countries are now not allowing uk residents to travel to there country’s ,and the list is growing by the hour ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the new strain has come in, I don't know of any doing so before this. Just had to have a test to say you were ok.
Yes it’s only started happening in the last 24 hours , but think it will spread to more and more countries refusing us entry , I think it’s a good thing and feel that we should all stay within our own counties at this time , so many people in large cities just arnt taking this seriously you only have to look on the news with people shopping to realise this , I live in a very low area and that’s down to less dence population and ones hear seam to generally be more pro active enforcing the regulations in my town ones that go into shops without masks are told to leave immediately some shops Evan have security on the doors refusing ones entry , we had a real problem in the summer with holiday makers refusing to comply comments like , “ we have come down hear to get away from all this “ or out right refusing to put on a mask , there has been a lot of local resentment against holiday makers beacause of there attitude , many holiday  cottages have been taken off the market by there owners as they don’t wont ones staying in there properties , personally I feel we should all be staying put and not going in holiday at this time , we have missed out on two holiday and Ime happy with that I feel it would be very unwise at this time to be going away . 

Yes it’s only started happening in the last 24 hours , but think it will spread to more and more countries refusing us entry , I think it’s a good thing and feel that we should all stay within our own counties at this time , so many people in large cities just arnt taking this seriously you only have to look on the news with people shopping to realise this , I live in a very low area and that’s down to less dence population and ones hear seam to generally be more pro active enforcing the regulations in my town ones that go into shops without masks are told to leave immediately some shops Evan have security on the doors refusing ones entry , we had a real problem in the summer with holiday makers refusing to comply comments like , “ we have come down hear to get away from all this “ or out right refusing to put on a mask , there has been a lot of local resentment against holiday makers beacause of there attitude , many holiday  cottages have been taken off the market by there owners as they don’t wont ones staying in there properties , personally I feel we should all be staying put and not going in holiday at this time , we have missed out on two holiday and Ime happy with that I feel it would be very unwise at this time to be going away . 
Well I've booked one for June, hopefully be a bit more settled by then

Well I've booked one for June, hopefully be a bit more settled by then
From what Boris said on the news tonight they are talking about more strict rules for the next 4 months , this vaccination program will take best part of a year to do and Evan then we have no idear how long it will work for might need to be an annual thing !,,,,,????, we normally go abroad in May/June and September but haven’t bothered looking at this time just feel it’s a waist of time trying to sort something that might not happen , will just play it by ear but doubt we will do anything before September ???

If you look at stats most European countries have increased rates.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-10-02..latest&country=FRA~ITA~ESP~GBR~DEU~BEL&region=World&casesMetric=true&interval=smoothed&hideControls=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

In fact we no longer have Europes highest death toll!!! Italy have overtaken us!!!

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-10-02..latest&country=FRA~ITA~ESP~GBR~DEU~BEL&region=World&deathsMetric=true&interval=total&hideControls=true&smoothing=0&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

Tier 3 doesn't bring rates down quick enough. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the numbers down under tier 3. Surry have lower rates than East Sussex but for some reason East Sussex are not in tier 4.

The gov are just acting too slowly.

Tier 4 should have made all people outside their homes wear masks if the new strain is that infectious!!

Tier 4 should have made all people outside their homes wear masks if the new strain is that infectious!!
They say it is 70% more contagious but don't explain how. They then say if you follow current guidance you are safe so just enforce current guidance. We all see smart @rses walking around shops without masks and ignoring social distance. These are the people that should be fined. Sitting in a  restaurant and having a meal following the rules is far less dangerous then walking around a supermarket. As for the idiots crowding shops doing their Christmas shopping words fail me.

20 minutes up the a1 from us my mate lives in sandy (gamlingay).

They are tier 4 and at the end of their road the postcode changes and is covered by a different council and they are tier 2.

Mental.

Back