Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help pls vision X2 question

Tony42

Hi been window cleaning for about 12 months now had a few complaints about sporting have just started using visionx2 do I add it to my tank evey time o use it kind regards Tony

Hi been window cleaning for about 12 months now had a few complaints about sporting have just started using visionx2 do I add it to my tank evey time o use it kind regards Tony
If you are getting spotting it's because your rinsing is not efficient in removing the dirt suspended on the glass and frame surface.

You'll need to refine your scrubbing technique and spend a little longer rinsing.

Was the spotting a first clean or a normal maintenance clean? 

Vision is placebo juice and in my opinion is a waste of money and as good as painting a wall with rainbow paint while standing on a skirting ladder and holding a sky hook with your other hand 

Hi apw the problem was after a few cleans iv been upto date with my TC levels and filters etc I'll look into my teckneak thank you

Hi apw the problem was after a few cleans iv been upto date with my TC levels and filters etc I'll look into my teckneak thank you
I'm assuming you are using pure water with a PPM of zero

You might want to look at the various scrubber pads available and also DA Components bronze wool or walnut pads to give the glass a deeper clean

I personally have never used any additives so I can't give an opinion on them. But, if your TDS reading is low (005 is when I consider changing resin) it really is probably only down to something not quite right in your technique, as has been pointed out.

It's not the time spent cleaning a window, or the effort expended scrubbing that makes a good job. It's mainly thinking about what you're doing and nailing down a reliable, and in time a fast technique. Don't worry too much about speed till you get a reliable technique nailed down.

Especially make sure you get the top frames and vents thoroughly clean before you then thoroughly rinse down the whole width of the glass. This is probably where the spotting originates.

If you have washed the whole window thoroughly it should be fine to rinse down from the top of the glass without needing to go over the top or side frames again. There should be plenty water escaping from the glass and running down the side frames on the glass rinse, and the top frame is better left alone once it's been thoroughly washed.

Use the search bar at the top of the page and spend some time reading through previous discussions. Believe me, there are plenty. ?

Good luck.

I personally have never used any additives so I can't give an opinion on them. But, if your TDS reading is low (005 is when I consider changing resin) it really is probably only down to something not quite right in your technique, as has been pointed out.

It's not the time spent cleaning a window, or the effort expended scrubbing that makes a good job. It's mainly thinking about what you're doing and nailing down a reliable, and in time a fast technique. Don't worry too much about speed till you get a reliable technique nailed down.

Especially make sure you get the top frames and vents thoroughly clean before you then thoroughly rinse down the whole width of the glass. This is probably where the spotting originates.

If you have washed the whole window thoroughly it should be fine to rinse down from the top of the glass without needing to go over the top or side frames again. There should be plenty water escaping from the glass and running down the side frames on the glass rinse, and the top frame is better left alone once it's been thoroughly washed.

Use the search bar at the top of the page and spend some time reading through previous discussions. Believe me, there are plenty. ?

Good luck.
Thanks Davy will do

If your water is 000 then the problem is with your rinsing no additive is going to stop spotting it’s down to techniques and water flow , in my humble opinion additives  are a waist of time  , why spend hundreds on filtration to remove stuff from the water then chuck stuff in the tank, shear madness as far as Ime concerned.

Most likely technique, although there is vids on YouTube etc some aren't that helpful to a newbie, 

A really thorough clean first time should take 3 times longer than a regular clean to get the frames up to standard, then ensure a decent clean of the frames each time after and rinse plenty, speed will come with time as wfp can only be done at speed once the technique is right, watching where the dirt really needs flushing out etc whilst you are cleaning the downstairs windows will help you refine your technique and this will help more so with upper windows which we don't get so close a look at. 

Back