Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fixings / decor on top of conservatory fix

Beer

Hello had a customer who's conservatory fixing have snapped not by me any idea of a way to glue them on ?? Litter picker etc thanks 

I would glue them on with mitre bond and use a ladder. If that's not possible then I would build my scaffold and put a youngman board across so I could be above it. It means a lot of hassle just to fit a finial. 

It's a job I got asked to do years ago and the cheapest and easiest way is to hire a conservatory ladder although not that cheap for the customer as they would have to pay for the hire plus time for the job so could be £60 upwards for a bit of plastic they may say yes or no, my custy was happy not to pay and leave it. 

Only way is to get up close and personal using a ladder I have knocked a couple off over the years right pain to put back on , there is a wide variety of glues available I cannot remember what it was called but I got it from a UPVC plastic supplier 

Back