Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it possible to use our kit as a pressure washer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris34

I've got nowhere to park the van at mine to clean it but have always wondered whether I could use my trolley as a pressure washer.  If it's possible then I was thinking of just driving to some unused industrial estate and cleaning it using the trolley and a lance or something.  Is the pump powerful enough?  They say 100psi and that's what the small karchers are and the litres per minute is the same rating so am I right in assuming that it's possible with the right attachments?

Not a chance, there isn't enough pressure to blow the skin off a rice pudding. ?

Even the little kitty K2 claims 1600psi. (I think you might have confused psi with bar)

I've got nowhere to park the van at mine to clean it but have always wondered whether I could use my trolley as a pressure washer.  If it's possible then I was thinking of just driving to some unused industrial estate and cleaning it using the trolley and a lance or something.  Is the pump powerful enough?  They say 100psi and that's what the small karchers are and the litres per minute is the same rating so am I right in assuming that it's possible with the right attachments?
When we first started we got a pressure washing job in Newcastle at 6am. Thought we could feed the pressure washer using both pumps out of the van, we were wrong. 

Get a Chinese so called 12v pressure washer system. Stay away from Worx as they are pants 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terisass-Electric-Pressure-Cleaning-Universal/dp/B0895DDZYQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=12v+130psi+pressure+washer&qid=1608674519&sr=8-3

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As said, we thought we could but found out quickly you can't get enough water to the PW. They had a tap so we did the job, just took a bit longer than we thought. All a learning curve as we'd only been going about 3 months at the time. 
Ah fair enough. Do you still do Pressure washing? 

I had a look at some reviews of the battery operated systems, the Worx one looked ok in the reviews, still not sure that I'd be happy with the amount of water coming out though, the pressure looks ok but the amount of water looks like it would take ages to rinse.  Doesn't seem too bad though, screwfix do it for 120 with 2 batteries.

Wondering if I could use something like that with work, thinking maybe them wooden porch hoods would be a doddle with something like that Worx.  Getting all them spiders webs out of the corners etc.  No set up time as well as it would just be a quick switch over from my trolley and pole to my trolley and that.  

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's about the volume of water and possibly pressure required to feed a pressure washer, 

I have a cheap Argos pressure washer that use to clean our paving at home, I tried with microbore hose from the garden tap to the pressure washer and the pressure washer wouldn't pressurise and do what it should as soon as I swapped back to 1/2" hose it worked as it should. 

I have a bit of an unusual setup, I have 2 pumps (shurflo 100psi 5.2lpm) and 2 Hose reels, but I can turn a couple of taps and direct both pumps to one hose reel. Also I can press a button and the pumps bypass the flow controller and get the full battery power. Its useful if I ever need a really high flow rate. 

So I thought I'd see what it could do with a pressure washing lance. It was pretty pathetic tbh. It worked cleaning up a tin of white paint I dropped on the tarmac but struggled with moss and where it had dried more. There's no substitute really for a pressure washer. 

Back