Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best soft Gardiners brush

Nick Mitton

OK so I'm a newbe, I currently have a ultimate 26cm flocked and a ultimate 26cm medium soft mixed. I'm finding I prefer the flocked and I'm quicker with it. I know some feel you should only use the flocked on lead not generally on glass so what brush would you guys recommend that would give flocked feel? How about dupont? Also like the idea of rinsing on....

OK so I'm a newbe, I currently have a ultimate 26cm flocked and a ultimate 26cm medium soft mixed. I'm finding I prefer the flocked and I'm quicker with it. I know some feel you should only use the flocked on lead not generally on glass so what brush would you guys recommend that would give flocked feel? How about dupont? Also like the idea of rinsing on....
I always used a 45cm flocked and would still do so if I was doing 5 hours a day of residential work. I use the 35cm Extreme tapertec now as in my opinion for its weight it has very good cleaning properties.

I always used a 45cm flocked and would still do so if I was doing 5 hours a day of residential work. I use the 35cm Extreme tapertec now as in my opinion for its weight it has very good cleaning properties.
Yes I like the feel of the flocked but was told they gather dirt? 

I don't have the best of backs after 30y of trad work. Wouldn't a 35cm or 45cm be a bit heavy? 

Yes I like the feel of the flocked but was told they gather dirt? 

I don't have the best of backs after 30y of trad work. Wouldn't a 35cm or 45cm be a bit heavy? 
The 35cm Extreme Tapertec is only 120gms, a pair of gloves are probably heavier and lighter then most 26cm brushes.

I used a flocked for years and they love cobwebs but I never had an issue with anything else

My three favourite brushes are the 35cm DuPont/Tapertec, a 26cm flocked Xtreme that I’ve cut from an Xtreme flocked sill brush, and 26cm Ultimate DuPont/TaperTec 
For leaded work the Flocked is the safest. Not that you can’t use anything else but you do have to careful especially with older leaded windows as it is possible to pop the lead off the glass if you are too aggressive with your scrubbing.

The reason I like my modified flocked Xtreme brush is that it has less splay on the bristles than a standard Xtreme and this makes it even easier on leaded windows.  Gardiner’s also don’t produce a standard flocked Xtreme.

Rinsing on the glass is not usually recommended with flocked brushes due to their tendency to hold onto bits of debris, but don’t let it put you off trying. You might find it works for you. 

My regular brush is the ultimate medium soft, has a red stock.

You aren’t a proper window cleaner if you don’t use this brush. End of. 
I found that the bristles were to short on them and couldn’t get into the corners of the frames and the stock hit the raised part of the frames due to short bristles , they did last reasonably well though Evan with hot water 

I found that the bristles were to short on them and couldn’t get into the corners of the frames and the stock hit the raised part of the frames due to short bristles , they did last reasonably well though Evan with hot water 
lol yeah I’m joking. Just a personal preference.
What I like is their light, last maybe 12-16 weeks of being used every day and they are fine over diamond lead, and some square lead jobs. 

Back