Gardiner vs Ova8 vs ionic pole

Rigo

16 minutes ago, Rigo said:

Need to buy new pole...which one?

Domestic use only working height 3 storey max 

Any advice guys

Plenty of genuine review video's available online from trusted names within the industry 

Edited by Apw1210
34 minutes ago, Rigo said:

Need to buy new pole...which one?

Domestic use only working height 3 storey max 

Any advice guys

A lot of windys on the Facebook forums are banging on about boss poles now & slagging Gardiner off. I’ve recently brought an slx25 tho for conservatory/fsg cleans & all good so far for me.

1 minute ago, CHWS said:

My next pole was going to be an ova8 hi mod but heard you can’t make them tubeless! currently using a phantom hi mod and previously an slx 

Stick to Gardiners ova8 are horrible heavy things , I tried a friends did  two windows with it and handed it back . 

19 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I favour the Gardiner poles, I can't comment on Ova8 but Ionics have always been overbuilt and a bit on the heavy side.

Years ago ionics poles were class leading , they are reasonably stiff but there clamp levers are rubbish and break easily now they are bringing up the rear of a lot of pole manufacturers 

20 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Years ago ionics poles were class leading , they are reasonably stiff but there clamp levers are rubbish and break easily now they are bringing up the rear of a lot of pole manufacturers 

I'd have said that years ago they were 💩, I'm assuming that they have improved but nobody I know is buying their poles now so I have no experience of their current product.

When Alex introduced the SL-X it was a game changer.