Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner vs Ova8 vs ionic pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rigo

Need to buy new pole...which one?

Domestic use only working height 3 storey max 

Any advice guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Any advice guys
Plenty of genuine review video's available online from trusted names within the industry 

Last edited by a moderator:

Any advice guys
A lot of windys on the Facebook forums are banging on about boss poles now & slagging Gardiner off. I’ve recently brought an slx25 tho for conservatory/fsg cleans & all good so far for me.

I have only ever used Gardiner poles but have tried other including a 17’ ova felt nice in be hand but weighed a tonne not for me. 

My next pole was going to be an ova8 hi mod but heard you can’t make them tubeless! currently using a phantom hi mod and previously an slx 

I favour the Gardiner poles, I can't comment on Ova8 but Ionics have always been overbuilt and a bit on the heavy side.
Years ago ionics poles were class leading , they are reasonably stiff but there clamp levers are rubbish and break easily now they are bringing up the rear of a lot of pole manufacturers 

Years ago ionics poles were class leading , they are reasonably stiff but there clamp levers are rubbish and break easily now they are bringing up the rear of a lot of pole manufacturers 
I'd have said that years ago they were ?, I'm assuming that they have improved but nobody I know is buying their poles now so I have no experience of their current product.

When Alex introduced the SL-X it was a game changer.

Back