Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Age.. oldest solo trader?

swc1

Age comes up in a lot of post on forums. 

So my question is who is the oldest window cleaner (solo trader) you personally know that get out there on rounds like clock work even if the clock tics a little slower for them?... ?

Wait should I BOLD so it's easier to read??...?

i know 2 window cleaners in their mid 70s......both of them still on ladders....they both look great for their age too...one has been a shiner since he was 18 years of age!good luck to them i say....

25 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

This is a old clip, at least 12 years ago, but he’s 79 

I saw this a while back. It is pretty cool seeing things like this.

I’m only 30, so planning for 30 years time is too far ahead. But if there’s still Money in window cleaning, I’d like to think I’d still do 2 or 3 mornings a week even in my 60s. With one or two full time lads as well in their own vans.

I think it helps you ageing too quickly. 

I'm 45 and got my first employee now.

Don't want to be on the glass past 55.

I'm happy to be sitting round a freezing cold lake like today and relaxing.

Work is for the youngsters..

16088145212273535769771286302844.jpg

16088145418007682846277761377011.jpg

It's all about how well you take care of yourself for the most part. Personal life and work life needs to balance out.

Life is to short not to enjoy it. Doing what you like makes a world of difference. 
My dad died 21 years ago aged 53.

That hits it home that you're only here once and no idea how long for.

You have to enjoy it.

It's all about how well you take care of yourself for the most part. Personal life and work life needs to balance out.

Life is to short not to enjoy it. Doing what you like makes a world of difference. 
I know I’m not old(as in ancient). I’m 55. Ive never been to a gym and always eaten what I like. I could do with losing a little weight but I’m not huge. And after 40 years on the glass I don’t have any aches and pains that lads half my age have. I do enjoy the job tho and will hopefully keep going for a while yet. It’s stress free. Also changing women every 3 years or so helps in my opinion. Also living on my own suits me  ?

I know I’m not old(as in ancient). I’m 55. Ive never been to a gym and always eaten what I like. I could do with losing a little weight but I’m not huge. And after 40 years on the glass I don’t have any aches and pains that lads half my age have. I do enjoy the job tho and will hopefully keep going for a while yet. It’s stress free. Also changing women every 3 years or so helps in my opinion. Also living on my own suits me  ?
Your only a couple years older then me. We are young lol. Enjoying what you do helps. I've keep mine around for the last 30 years Its saved me bundles of cash! ? and shes one darn good cook!

I'm semi retired already at 49.........personally I think it's better to pace yourself with work....also my hobbies include weight training 3 times a week and playing drums which are both physical so part time window cleaning hours suit my lifestyle.....

I'm semi retired already at 49.........personally I think it's better to pace yourself with work....also my hobbies include weight training 3 times a week and playing drums which are both physical so part time window cleaning hours suit my lifestyle.....
Oh and I forgot to mention I’ve only done 3 days a week for the last 10 years. That helps. 

Latest Posts

Back