Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller V16 calibration problem.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleantek

Hello, I own 2 of those controllers. Just got them set up and mounted on the system. I followed the process for auto calibration. First one worked very well. The second controller won't let me calibrate. 

I have uploaded a video https://filebin.net/zgx4ksck36ud8n7d to show what I'm seeing. 

Has anybody got an idea how to sort this out? I contacted Ian shephard on WhatsApp but I don't think he'll be in the office for few more days. 

Thanks for any help and advice ?

IMG_20201226_184220.jpg

IMG_20201226_184222.jpg

View attachment VID_20201226_184227.mp4

Hello, I own 2 of those controllers. Just got them set up and mounted on the system. I followed the process for auto calibration. First one worked very well. The second controller won't let me calibrate. 

I have uploaded a video https://filebin.net/zgx4ksck36ud8n7d to show what I'm seeing. 

Has anybody got an idea how to sort this out? I contacted Ian shephard on WhatsApp but I don't think he'll be in the office for few more days. 

View attachment 22865

View attachment 22866

View attachment 22867

View attachment 22865

View attachment 22866

View attachment 22867
Have you got a univalve or shut off Valve on your pole or hose reel as PS means pressure switch which denotes no flow as the controller detects a closed circuit of water flow 

P5 indicates that it’s pressure switch or the controller cannot detect the pump. When this happens I find it can be a faulty connector which joins pump to controller.

P5 indicates that it’s pressure switch or the controller cannot detect the pump. When this happens I find it can be a faulty connector which joins pump to controller.
We have also found a faulty (still partially working) pressure switch in the pump head caused an issue with a Varistream.

Obviously this shouldn't be a reason if the pump is new as well.

In the example of the issue a fellow windie had mentioned above, the pump was not new. I felt the contacts of the microswitch inside the pressure switch had burnt causing a resistance. We disconnected the pressure switch from the circuit and the Varistream then returned to normal function.

That was a good 6 years ago now and the system of his is still working.

Spring do advise that the pressure switch be left in the circuit. Varistream advised to remove it from the circuit. I would check those connectors as you advised and then try with the ps disconnected. He already has a working controller on one pump. He could swap the controllers over electrically and use the 'good' controller to test the pump on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I bought both pumps from daqua not long ago. Do you want me to return one of those controllers and pump? The second set seems to be working fine.

I’m trying to look at the pictures and it looks like that you have the wires joined bare if I’m correct. It just takes one wire to touch the pump and metal plate to short out the pump. Pull the white spades out to see if any of them have gone black. It’s normally the one connected to the pump motor that goes.

P5 error code is the controller saying it does not recognise the pump so Controller is fine but connection to pump is an issue.  

You are also doing the auto calibration wrong 

Good Morning Cleantek and a belated Happy New year.

As mentioned above PS will display if A. the pump pressure switch has activated Or B. if there is an electrical issue. For example that there are exposed copper cores touching metal and/or that that the connections form the controller to the pump are not connected or are loose. There are two cables in the image (Blue & Brown ) that have the copper core exposed if this touch down to the metal body of the pump or back plate this can create a fault condition and the control will display PS to report that fault condition.

While there is a fault condition the controller will not auto cal or drive the pump. This is the controller protecting itself and the pump.

First step is to ensure all the connections are good ( I would recommend using the bullet connectors supplied or similar as these ensure a good connection and provide some protection from water.

Once the fault condition is removed and PS no longer displays the controller can either be manually calibrated or via the auto cal function. Please see a V16 cal video. In step one set the flow to your preferred rate as teh controller can auto cal at any flow rate.

23 minutes ago, Ian Sheppard said:

Good Morning Cleantek and a belated Happy New year.

As mentioned above PS will display if A. the pump pressure switch has activated Or B. if there is an electrical issue. For example that there are exposed copper cores touching metal and/or that that the connections form the controller to the pump are not connected or are loose. There are two cables in the image (Blue & Brown ) that have the copper core exposed if this touch down to the metal body of the pump or back plate this can create a fault condition and the control will display PS to report that fault condition.

While there is a fault condition the controller will not auto cal or drive the pump. This is the controller protecting itself and the pump.

First step is to ensure all the connections are good ( I would recommend using the bullet connectors supplied or similar as these ensure a good connection and provide some protection from water.

Once the fault condition is removed and PS no longer displays the controller can either be manually calibrated or via the auto cal function. Please see a V16 cal video. In step one set the flow to your preferred rate as teh controller can auto cal at any flow rate.

What about it the battery is low and needs a charge?

What about it the battery is low and needs a charge?
In this particular case as the controller is not displaying the battery warning its unlikely to be the cause of PS being displayed. If the battery was the cause here the controller should be displaying "bat"

I have on one occasion while doing some testing with a very worn battery seen a controller briefly display PS then show bat. On that occasion the standing voltage of the battery crashed to under 7v the instant it came under load. This is turn very briefly caused the circuit to drop out. The battery was pretty much dead as anything below 10.5v on a battery would indicate that the battery is around 70% depleted

In this particular case as the controller is not displaying the battery warning its unlikely to be the cause of PS being displayed. If the battery was the cause here the controller should be displaying "bat"

I have on one occasion while doing some testing with a very worn battery seen a controller briefly display PS then show bat. On that occasion the standing voltage of the battery crashed to under 7v the instant it came under load. This is turn very briefly caused the circuit to drop out. The battery was pretty much dead as anything below 10.5v on a battery would indicate that the battery is around 70% depleted
I think mine showed P5 or PS as you say. I wasn't charging my battery but am now. My system is a grippatank one but I guess all are nearly the same.

Back