Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

reel hose with hole

simon smith

keep getting holes in my 100m braided reel hose, any way i can repair it ,bought 3 in the last 12 months, when i get a leak is that it for the hose, fed up of throwing them away thanks

As above whatā€™s causing the holes ??? You can put joiners in but the donā€™t roll on the reel very wellĀ 

keep getting holes in my 100m braided reel hose, any way i can repair it ,bought 3 in the last 12 months, when i get a leak is that it for the hose, fed up of throwing them away thanks
Common sense approach would be to get some brass barbed repair joiners orĀ self-amalgamating tape.Ā 

I don't drag my hose i pick it up and carry it. At a pound a meter I take care of mine.

It doesn't help in the winter when it's colder and hose is harderĀ 

I treat mine like ?and it is fine.. had this one for 2 years and have a chip out of the outer costing in 1 spot but I drag it everywhere across the ground same as my rectus 26 fittings with no issues.

Have you got a link to the hose you use?

Even regularly having bin lorries go over mine causes no issues.Ā 

We had our first hose reels for 5 years beforeĀ  we changed the hose and it was regularly run over by cars and lorries.
think its when its pulled round corners,sharp bricks

I treat mine like ?and it is fine.. had this one for 2 years and have a chip out of the outer costing in 1 spot but I drag it everywhere across the ground same as my rectus 26 fittings with no issues.

purefreedom yellow one, i think its when its pulled round brick corners, takes the plastic coating off

think its when its pulled round brick corners

As above whatā€™s causing the holes ??? You can put joiners in but the donā€™t roll on the reel very wellĀ 
think its when its pulled round brick corners, takes the layers off

think its when its pulled round brick corners ,takes the layers off
Ok we pull ours round the same and pebble dash walls without causing damage hose usually lasts 2-3 years treating it this way , unless you have caught it on sharp metal bell cast it should be ok ??? Donā€™t know what to suggest to be honest Ā , maybe go a bit more carefully ??Ā 

purefreedom yellow one, i think its when its pulled round brick corners, takes the plastic coating off
That's the one we had on our original one and the one we have on now. Regularly take shavings off it on bricks and even exposed the inner part on the original one but only once punctured one on a nail sticking out under a gate.

Huge fan of their engineering but not of their consumables. My next hoseĀ will be from a different supplier. Our 6mm red braided hose from them, on theirĀ hot water twin stack, shrank 10% so got them to replace it with the 8mm yellow.

True, I'd be guaranteed to leave them behind.
If I need to use an extension or my telescopic ladders to jump a flat roof I'm guaranteed to only realise then when I need it that I've forgotten it at a job the day before.

Good job my round is mostly in 1 town.

Last edited by a moderator:
We use Gardiners yellow microbore they donā€™tĀ Ā sell it anymore but daqua and Grippatank sell the same stuff we use it with hot water as well without any damageĀ 

We use Gardiners yellow microbore they donā€™tĀ Ā sell it anymore but daqua and Grippatank sell the same stuff we use it with hot water as well without any damageĀ 
Second this, use the same stuff. On to my second hose only because I got a new reel and wanted to keep the old as backup.Ā 

Might sound daft, but are you buying main hose with 11mm outer diameter or pole hose because to me reading this instantly I am thinking you are using pole hose. ?

Back