Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1000L IBC Water Cost

Clearview Lee

Hope you're well chaps and still enjoying a well-earned holiday.

I feel I should already have this figure in my head, and I'm determined to keep it there once enlightened...

So my question is: How much does it cost to fill a 1000l IBC tank?

I've actually been asked this twice in as many months now, and feel I should absolutely know the answer, but don't!

Thanks in advance!

Depends on your TDS and rejection rate , and wether you pay sewage charges on your outside tap water , I cannot remember exactly what the water costs are but guessing around £4 ????

I feel I should already have this figure in my head, and I'm determined to keep it there once enlightened...

I've actually been asked this twice in as many months now, and feel I should absolutely know the answer, but don't!

Thanks in advance!
All sorts of unknowns to tell you. In parts of the country with a TDS below 30 it will cost pennies. In East Anglia with a TDS of 400+ on a meter could be as much as £30

Thanks in advance!
If you look at your local water suppliers website and find the charge per Cubic Meter than and include consumables such as resin theres your answer 

It all varies on production materials cost as water prices are easy to establish 

Look at your water bill it should say water cost per cubic m and the cost of waste per cubic meter. 1 Cubic meter is 1000L. Then work out your pure to waste ratio. Add the waste to the 1000L then calc water cost. Now add the same volume for sewerage cost unless you claim a reduction for taking pure off site.

More in-depth than thought!

Thanks a lot fellas - I will look into this further, as I should know this stuff even if it isn't a major in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks again!

I did some sums a few years ago now and with everything ie membranes, prefilters, resin, water bills etc it was about 40p per 25 litre barrel, so for me £16 for an IBC tank of water. My TDS is 325PPM.

To fill up from a colleagues self service station it costs me 87.5p per barrel, so £35 per IBC tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
My TDS is 32 and ti fill my 750l tank Di only 70p ish
I think you will find that that amount of water will cost a lot more than 70 p , most water authorities prices per 1000 ltr start at £1.38 or so then there is resin costs etc , if you arnt on a meter then it will obviously be less . 

Back